Nigerian news All categories All tags
48,000 unemployed youths sit for recruitment examination in Ekiti

48,000 unemployed youths sit for recruitment examination in Ekiti

- No fewer than 48,000 unemployed youths sat for the Ekiti state public service recruitment examination for 2,000 available spaces

- The recruitment was aimed at filling available vacancies in the public service

- Dr Olugbenga Faseluka, the state’s head of service, stressed that the ongoing exercise is the only major recruitment in the last four years

Not less than 48,000 unemployed youths on Tuesday, August 28, sat for the Ekiti state public service recruitment examination, The Punch reports.

Legit.ng gathered that Dr Olugbenga Faseluka, the state’s head of service, said the recruitment was aimed at filling available vacancies in the public service.

He stated that the retirement of workers who were employed en masse between 1981 and 1982 by the Adekunle Ajasin-led government in the old Ondo state as a result of its gainful employment policy had created a lot of vacancies in the public service.

READ ALSO: Buhari’s 12 million votes from the north has reduced - PDP presidential aspirant

Faseluka added that this category of workers who transferred their service on creation of Ekiti state massively retired between 2016 and 2017 having spent the mandatory 35 years length of service.

He stressed that the ongoing recruitment is the only major recruitment embarked upon by government in the last four years

One of the applicants, Solomon Olukoko, commended the state government for embarking on the recruitment exercise; saying that it would reduce youth unemployment and boost the economy of the State.

Ajayi Tosin, another applicant, expressed satisfaction at the conduct of the examination; saying that the organisers arrived the venue of the examination on time. She praised them for effectively managing the army of youths who wrote the examination.

Adetula Helen who wrote the examination in Ado Ekiti centre urged the recruiting agencies to prioritise merit.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Nigeria

Legit.ng previously reported that the John Kayode Fayemi (JKF) Centre, a leadership organisation founded by Ekiti governor-elect, Kayode Fayemi, says the on-going recruitment exercise by the Ayo Fayose administration is illegal.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that hundreds of unemployed graduates on Thursday, August 23, besieged the state secretariat to buy forms.

The state government said 2,000 workers would be employed made up of 600 Secondary School teachers, 400 Primary School teachers and 1,000 core civil servants.

Were Ekiti Residents Paid to Vote? | - on Legit.ng TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel