The national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, on Wednesday, August 29, inaugurated the party’s 63-member National Campaign Council for the September 22 Osun state governorship election.
The campaign council is chaired by the Kano state governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, Vanguard reports.
In his remarks, Oshiomhole, said: “We are very grateful to Governor Ganduje for graciously accepting to provide leadership and chair this very important committee.
“Your Excellencies, many of you present here have been very much involved in helping to provide leadership in most of the campaigns that we have had in recent times after the last general elections. The most recent is that of Ekiti state where your Excellencies did very well.
“So, we have a body of experience to go about and the whole idea is to sustain the values and the ideals of our party, which is based on transparent elections on the basis of one man, one vote and joining forces with the party leadership in the state, to work hard, to mobilise people of Osun state to vote wisely for the APC candidate in the next governorship election that is scheduled to take place on 22nd September 2018.
“As a governing party, Nigerians resolved in our favour that the APC should not only preside at the centre. They have expressed so much trust and confidence in our party, that on our party’s platform, 24 governors were elected.
“The importance of Osun is readily appreciated by all of us. First, it is a state we had taken over from the PDP, we defeated the sitting governor at that time.”
Speaking, Ganduje thanked Oshiomhole and the party for the appointments.
His words: “There is no doubt that this is a very powerful council looking at the membership composition – Governors, senators and experienced party men. Also, the task ahead of us is very important.
“Mr Chairman, what you have done is to match the quality of the council with the importance of assignment.
“There is no doubt that winning Osun state is very vital to the party. It has been our state in APC for the last 8 years and by the will of God, we will maintain this state in order to have 100% states of the southwestern part of this country in our great party. As progressives, we assure you we will ensure a clean, free and fair election because that is the motive of the APC.
“What we intend to do is to mobilize our people. We are even very lucky that the primaries conducted succeeded in mobilising the people, in energizing the people, in giving our members hope in Osun state so that we continue with that mobilization until the election day when certainly we will win this election.
“Luckily enough the governor of Osun is a man of the people, he provided the dividend of democracy. He is the man who relates with all strata of the society in Osun.
“So he is a man that is loved by the people. So all that is required now is for us to sit together to ensure there is total reconciliation among those who contested the primaries.
“This is very important to give a sense of belonging so everyone will participate in the electioneering and in the election and also mobilize all the stakeholders to ensure we work in unity.”
Full list of the campaign council below:
1. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje PhD – Chairman
2. Abdulazeez Abubakar Yari – Deputy Chairman
3. Otunba Niyi Adebayo – Deputy National Chairman (S)
4. Akinwunmi Dapo Ambode – Governor Lagos
5. Sen. Ibikunle Amosun – GovernorOgun
6. Sen. Abiola Ajimobi – Governor Oyo
7. Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola – Governor Osun
8. Arakunrin Olwarotimi Akeredolu SAN – Governor Ondo
9. Owelle Rochas Okorocha – Governor Imo
10. Godwin Obaseki – Governor Edo
11. Alh. Yahaya Bello – Governor Kogi
12. Simon Bako Lalong – Governor Plateau
13. Alh. Kashim Shettima – Governor Borno
14. Sen. Mohammed Umar Jibrilla – Governor Adamawa
15. Mohammed Badaru Abubakar – Governor Jigawa
16. (Barr.) Emma Ibediro – National Organizing Secretary
17. Pastor Bankole Oluwajana – National Vice Chairman(S/W)
18. Tajudeen Bello – National Financial Secretary
19. Babatunde John Kwame Ogala – National Legal Adviser
20. Hajiya Salamatu Baiwa Umar-Eluma FNIM- National Women Leader
21. Sadiq S. Abubakar – National Youth Leader
22. Kemi Nelson – Zonal Women Leader (S/W)
23. Femi Egbedeyi – Zonal Youth Leader (S/W)
24. Abdulrahman Dambazau Rtd – Minister of Interior
25. Manir Dan-Ali – Minister of Defence
26. Adebayo Shittu – Minister of Communications
27. Ibe Kachikwu – Minister of State, Petroleum
28. Babatunde Fashola SAN – Minister of Power, Works & Housing
29. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi – Minister of Transport
30. Alhaji Lai Mohammed – Minister of Information
31. Isaac Adewole – Minister of Health
32. Sola Adeyeye
33. Babajide C. Omoworare
34. Tayo Alasaodura
35. Buhari Abdulfatai
36. Rilwan AdesojiAkanbi
37. Andy Uba
38. Godswill Akpabio
39. Ajayi Borrofice
40. Aliyu Wammako
41. Abu Ibrahim
42. Olugbenga Ashafa
43. Adeyinka Ajayi
44. Olufemi Fakeye
45. Ayo Hulayat Omidiran
46. Mojeed Olujimi A. Alabi
47. Akintayo Gafaru Amere
48. Ajibola Israel Famurewa
49. Aliyu Magaji
50. Chief Timi Sylva
51. (Engr.) Segun Oni
52. Domingo Obende
53. Tokunbo Afikuyomi
54. Musiliu Obanikoro
55. Uche Ekwunife
56. Ayo Afolabi
57. Adejoke Adefulire
58. Abike Dabiri-Erewa
59. Chief Pius Akinyelure
60. Bola Ilori
61. Wale Oshun
62. Otunba Reuben Famuyibo
63. Chief Demola Seriki
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
Legit.ng previously reported that Wale Alabi, the special assistan to Governor Aregbesola on regional integration, on Saturday, August 25, said the APC would not be involved in vote buying.
Alabi said that the vote buying popularly called “see and buy’’ in the local parlance, would not take place during the Sept.22 governorship election in the state.
He made the statement during the inauguration of campaign team, Osun R-Connect (a voluntary group in the APC), to sensitise and remind the people of the state of what APC government had done so far.
How Aregbesola broke African records in Osun state - On Legit.ng TV