Uche Jombo Rodriguez, commonly known by her stage name Uche Jombo, is a Nigerian-born actress, screenwriter, film producer, and director. She is also the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Uche Jumbo Studios Production Company.
Uche's talent and skills have seen her reach the top in the much-acclaimed Nollywood entertainment industry. She is a highly sought after actresses, producer, director and screenwriter. Some of her most popular movies are Visa to Hell, Games Men Play and Kiss and Tell.
- Full name: Uche Jombo Rodriguez
- Date of birth: 28th December 1979
- Place of birth: Abiriba, Abia State, Nigeria
- Uche Jombo age: 41 years (as of 2021)
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Ethnicity: Black
- Marital status: Married
- Spouse: Kenny Rodriguez
- Profession: Actress, screenwriter, film producer, director
- Net worth: $2 million
Uche Jombo biography
The actress was born on 28th December 1979 in Abiriba, Abia State, Nigeria. Uche was raised by her single mother, but she has not offered any information about her father and siblings.
She attained her primary and secondary school education in Abiriba in Abia State. While in primary school, her mother enrolled her in the local church drama group.
In secondary school, Jombo always took home the best drama student award thanks to her exceptional talents. Her local church funded her entire secondary school education.
After completing her primary and secondary school studies, Uche enrolled at the University of Calabar for a degree in Mathematics and Statistics. She also has a second degree in Computer Programming from the Federal University of Technology Minna.
Uche Jombo joined the film entertainment industry in 1999 with Visa to Hell as her debut film. As a screenwriter, Uche has written and co-written several Nollywood movies such as Girls in the Hood, Games Men Play and The Celebrity.
As a producer, the actress has produced the likes of Holding Hope, Nollywood Hustlers and Damage. She also launched her own film production company, Uche Jombo Studios Production Company, in 2008.
Uche Jombo movies include:
- 1999 - Visa to Hell
- 2000 - Girls Hostel
- 2002 - Fire Love
- 2004 - Scout
- 2005 - Endless Lies
- 2005 - Darkest Night
- 2005 - Black Bra
- 2006 - Secret Fantasy
- 2006 - Prince of Fame
- 2006 - My Sister My Love
- 2006 - Love Wins
- 2006 - Co-operate Runs
- 2007 - World of Commotion
- 2007 - Rush Hour
- 2007 - Price of Peace
- 2007 - Most Wanted Bachelor
- 2007 - Keep My Will
- 2007 - House of Doom
- 2007 - Greatest Harvest
- 2007 - Final Hour
- 2008 - Feel My Pain
- 2008 - Beyonce and Rihanna
- 2009 - Love Games
- 2009 - Entanglement
- 2009 - Silent Scandals
- 2010 - Home in Exile
- 2010 - Holding Hope
- 2011 - Kiss and Tell
- 2011 - Damage
- 2012 - Mrs Somebody
- 2012 - Misplaced
- 2013 - After The Proposal
- 2016 - Wives on Strike
- 2016 - Lost in Us
- 2017 - Banana Island Ghost
- 2018 - Heaven on my Mind
- 2018 - How I Saved My Marriage
Apart from acting, production and screenwriting, Uche is also the brand ambassador for Globacom. Globacom is a Nigerian multinational communications company that was founded by Mike Adenuga on 29th August 2003.
Awards and nominations
Uche has worked herself to the top through hard work and persistence. She has also attained numerous commendable achievements along the way as a Nollywood personality.
She has won several awards and got nominated for others as follows:
- 2008 - Best Actress during the AfroHollywood Awards -UK Awards
- 2010 - Best Supporting Actress during the 2010 Best of Nollywood Awards
- 2010 - Best Actress during the City People Entertainment Awards
- 2010 - Honor Award during the Abia State Awards
- 2010 - Nollywood Personality of the year during the Life Changers Awards-UK
- 2010 - Merit award for charity support during the 5 Continents Awards -New York
- 2011 - Best Actress Leading role during the ELOY awards
- 2012 - Best Actress Leading Role during the Nollywood and African Film Critics' Awards
- 2012 - Best Film during the Nollywood and African Film Critics' Awards
- 2013 - Best Actress Leading Role during the Africa International Film Festival
- 2015 - Female Viewers Choice during the 2015 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards
- 2008 - Best Supporting Actress during the 4th Africa Movie Academy Awards
- 2011 - Best Actress Leading role during the 2011 Best of Nollywood Awards
- 2011 - Best Screenplay during the 2011 Best of Nollywood Awards
- 2011 - Best Kiss with Kalu Ikeagwu during 2011 Best of Nollywood Awards
- 2012 - Female Viewers Choice Awards during the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards
- 2012 - Best Actress Leading Role during the 8th Africa Movie Academy Awards
- 2013 - Best Actress Leading Role-English at the Best of Nollywood Awards
- 2014 - Female Film Producers of the Year at the ELOY Awards
- 2014 - Best On-Screen (with Patience Ozokwor) at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards
- 2014 - Female Viewers Choice Awards at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards
- 2014 - Best Movie - Comedy at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards
- 2014 - Best Actress Leading Role at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards
- 2015 - Best Actress at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards
Uche Jombo husband and kids
The beautiful and talented actress is married to the love of her life, Kenny Rodriguez. Uche Jombo wedding took place on 16th May 2012 at a private beach in Puerto Rica.
Later, Uche Jombo and husband welcomed their firstborn son named Mathew Chinedu Rodriguez. Uche Jombo baby was born on 27th May 2015. The family of three resides in the United States. However, the actress often travels back to Nigeria for work purposes.
After the birth of her baby, the actress added some weight and a few people took to social media to troll her. In response, she advised them to focus on more important things other than Uche Jombo weight loss or gain.
Uche Jombo net worth
The actress has been in the film industry for quite some time now. She started as an actress, but now she also bears the titles producer, director and screenwriter. She has managed to build an empire for herself over the years. Her estimated net worth is $2 million as of 2021.
Uche Jombo is a perfect example of beauty and brains in the Nigerian entertainment industry. Besides her undeniable acting talent, she is one of the most educated actresses in the country. Uche remains relevant even after being in the industry for more than 20 years.
Legit.ng recently published an article on the biography of Debie Rise. The ex-Big Brother Naija superstar is loved by numerous people in Nigeria. She is a little bit of everything you can imagine when it comes to an African artiste.
She first came into the limelight during her participation in the talent show Nigerian Idol, where she emerged as the first runner-up. She also participated in the Big Brother Naija TV reality show See Gobbe edition, and she finished as the third runner-up.