Nigerian Air Force carries out attack against Boko Haram terrorists, destroy their hideout in Borno (video)

Nigerian Air Force carries out attack against Boko Haram terrorists, destroy their hideout in Borno (video)

- Troops of Operation Lafiya Dole have conducted another successful attack against remnants of Boko Haram terrorists

- The Air Task Force of “ Operation “Lafiya Dole” has been conducting day and night attacks against remnants of the insurgents and their facilities in Borno

- The attacks were preceded by days of intensive Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) says the Air Task Force of “ Operation “Lafiya Dole” has been conducting successful massive day and night attacks against remnants of Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) and their facilities, near Arra in Borno.

The NAF director of public relations and information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, disclosed this in a statement on Monday, August 20, in Abuja.

Daramola explained that the attacks, which were preceded by days of intensive Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions, were planned and executed based on credible intelligence indicating that the BHTs were making moves to regroup around the fringes of Sambisa.

READ ALSO: Tears in Ekiti as man stabs monarch to death with a knife

Read the statement below:

"The Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE, between 10 and 18 August 2018, conducted massive day and night attacks against remnants of Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) and their facilities.

The attacks, which were preceded by days of intensive Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions, were planned and executed based on credible intelligence indicating that the BHTs were making moves to regroup around the fringes of Sambisa.

The first air strike was a daytime mission executed on 10 August 2018 at a location 4.5 Km Northwest of Arra around the fringes of Sambisa, where ISR had confirmed that BHTs were regrouping to launch attacks against our troops in the general area. Accordingly, the ATF detailed an Alpha Jet to attack the location.

Watch the video below:

Overhead the area of interest, the Alpha Jet acquired and engaged targets, destroying parts of the settlement and neutralizing several BHTs. Intelligence reports later revealed that some of the surviving BHTs had converged at another location 4.8Km West of Arra.

Consequently, the ATF deployed Mi-35M helicopter gunships for a night attack on the new location on 18 August 2018, resulting in the death of dozens of BHTs."

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app

Legit.ng previously reported that the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) said it had successfully completed the in-house life extension programme on one of its C-130H aircraft, NAF 913.

The spokesperson for the force, Olatokunbo Adesanya, in a statement on Wednesday, July 25, said the airlift capability of the service has been improved following the extension programme the aircraft.

Adesanya stated that the chief of the air staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, noted that NAF would continue to intensify efforts at reactivating unserviceable aircraft in its inventory to enhance its operational effectiveness.

Nigerian Air Force Day Celebration 2018 (54th Anniversary) | Legit.ng TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel