- A youth in Australia has been arrested and prosecuted for attempting to kill his unnamed 14-year-old lover in October 2017
- The accused, identified as Lucas Gary Narkle (19 years), tried to throw his lover (14 years) to an oncoming train in Elizabeth South station in Adelaide
- Narkle was sentenced to prison for three months, pending completion of investigation of his case and he is expected to return to court for sentencing on Thursday, August 16
A terrifying CCTV footage recorded in October 2017, has revealed how an Australian teenager, Lucas Gary Narkle (19 years) tried to hurl his 14-year-old lover in front of a oncoming train.
Narkle dragged his girlfriend toward the moving train while she struggled to avoid being thrown onto the tracks at Elizabeth South station in Adelaide, Mirror reports.
Consequently, Narkle faced the south Australian district court for trial on Wednesday, August 15, after earlier pleading guilty to endangering his lover's life.
Concerning the horrifying development, a prosecutor said that Narkle's girlfriend was "holding on for dear life" as she was being dragged by him. She wasn't to know that he was going to stop."
The accused was originally charged with attempted murder and at the time was armed with a baseball bat, although it was never established if he used it.
He was taken into custody after the trial and spent more than three months in prison until he was granted bail by the supreme court in February 2018.
Commenting on the case, Judge Simon Stretton said that he was unlikely to impose further jail time on Narkle. Stretton remarked: "I have to bear in mind that his actual actions here are brief, irresponsible and didn't cause any physical harm at all."
"I think nothing is going to be served by imposing a further term of actual imprisonment but I am strongly inclined towards an extended community service work."
After arriving for the hearing over 30 minutes late, Narkle blamed public transport issues for the delay, screaming: “Shout out to my boys in Yatala (Labour Prison)." He is expected to return to court for sentencing on Thursday, August 16.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that one person had been confirmed dead while two others were seriously injured as a train crushed a commercial bus on Friday, July 20, at Agege area of Lagos state. It was reported that the accident occurred at Pen Cinema rail line.
Legit.ng gathered that although details of the incident were still sketchy, it was reported that rescuers had commenced evacuation of casualties. It was also gathered that officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) and other relevant stakeholders had moved to the scene.
Nigeria Latest News: The Abuja Metro is West Africa's First Light Rail Network | Legit.ng TV