Nigerian news All categories All tags
PDP reacts to Buhari Campaign Organisation’s plan to invade NASS

PDP reacts to Buhari Campaign Organisation’s plan to invade NASS

- The PDP says the plan by the Buhari Campaign Organisation to invade NASS if Dr Bukola Saraki does not resign, is an invitation to anarchy

- They said they did not expect President Buhari to destroy the democratic legacy which was bequeathed to Nigerians by former president Goodluck Jonathan

- The party called on Nigerians to hold the president responsible for whatever happens afterwards, if the National Assembly is indeed taken over by his supporters

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has stated that the planned invasion of the National Assembly complex by the Buhari Campaign Organization if Senate president, Bukola Saraki, does not resign, is an invitation to anarchy.

The opposition party made its position known via its deputy national publicity secretary, Prince Diran Odeyemi, Vanguard reports.

READ ALSO: NASS siege: Afenifere, Northern Elders Forum, Ohaneze call for judicial probe

Legit.ng gathers that Odeyemi described the planned invasion as a civilian coup and urged President Muhammadu Buhari to remember his name and his future.

He said: “They cannot do it. If Dr Goodluck Jonathan bequeathed to Nigerians a good legacy in democracy, we don’t anticipate or expect Buhari to destroy it.

“Such invasion will be a civilian coup and if Buhari is seeing defeat ahead of him and his intention is to destabilise the country, he should remember that he has a name and that he has a future; he should also remember that he has children.

“So, invading the National Assembly to impeach Saraki unceremoniously, without following the constitutional procedure, will be total anarchy and Nigerians should hold him responsible for what happens thereafter.”

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Recall that Legit.ng previously reported that the Buhari Campaign Organisation (BCO) on Sunday night, August 12, vowed to physically take over the National Assembly complex if Senate president, Bukola Saraki, does not resign from office.

The coordinator of the group, Danladi Fasali, disclosed the group’s plan while speaking during the inauguration of the Ogun state secretariat of the Buhari Support Group.

Fasali called on Saraki to resign honourably; if not, they would carry out the plan.

Who is responsible for the siege on the National Assembly - on Legit.ng TV:

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel