- Legendary football star Ronaldo has been taken ill
- The 41-year old is reportedly in intensive care in Brazil
- He is said to have been diagnosed with pneumonia
Decorated football legend Ronaldo has been taken ill and reportedly taken to intensive care in Ibiza, Spain.
According to reports, the former Real Madrid star was rushed to Can Misses Hospital on Friday evening , August 9 after coming down with pneumonia.
The two-time World Cup champion reportedly asked for a transfer to a private health facility identified as Clinica Nuestra Señora del Rosario later that night before being taken to intensive care.
The 41-year old is, however, said to be making good progress, with hospital sources at Misses saying they were unable to give out any information for “data protection reasons.”
Ronaldo is believed to have arrived in Ibiza for a summer holiday a few days ago before he fell sick.
This is not the first time the Brazil legend has been rushed to hospital, having caught dengue fever six years ago.
At the time, the Brazilian managed to handle the indisposition humorously with his trademark smile via tweet from his hospital bed saying: “Good morning to all those who began the New Year with dengue.”
Ronaldo, who retired in 2011 had a glittering football career with top European clubs including Barcelona, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Brazil legend Ronaldo has declared his interest in buying Spanish second tier side Valladolid.
The Real Madrid ambassador has links to the Segunda Division club as vice-president Jose Moro as his partner in their wine business Cepa 21.
Who is the better coach, Mourinho or Conte? - on Legit.ng TV