Searching for beautiful ankara pencil gown styles? Here they are, waiting for you to check them out. Just keep on reading to discover, which styles will suit you best and add them to your wardrobe. Be elegant and attractive with our fashion recommendations and lovely examples.
What is a pencil gown, in general?
Women in Nigeria love gowns a lot. Of course, it’s something in the culture but there are no doubts that Nigerian ladies have excellent body shapes for dresses. Pants are also popular but there’s no other thing that can emphasize a woman’s beauty better than a gown. A pencil gown is something that can be worn in any situation and any occasion.
READ ALSO: Beautiful Ankara gowns for plus size ladies
What’s the most specific feature of this style? In its classical style, a pencil gown has a boat neckline, no sleeves and a narrow cut that gets even narrower to the knees. Modern variations offer additional details, which provide even more beauty and style.
There are several recommendations regarding pencil gowns, which can help you look even better. Such a cut matches any body type.
If you have ample shapes, the dress will conceal practically all drawbacks of your body. No waist seam will make your body look visually taller and more slender and the waist will be emphasized by the cut. The ample bosom, one of the advantages of curvy figures, will also be beautifully accentuated.
What are the latest ankara pencil gown trends?
First of all, these are diverse necklines. V-shapes, round necks, turtle necks, square and abstractly shaped necklines are a trend. Sometimes, pencil dresses have open back. In case you like such daring cuts, you are welcome!
Of course, sleeves are another trend. They can be short, long, wide and narrow, cuffed or frilled. Half-sleeves look perfect on the gowns of this style. Sometimes, chiffon sleeves are attached to the ankara bodice as an additional accent and decoration.
As well, there are many decorative elements – buttons, pockets, plaiting, cuffs, collars, zippers, and so on. One of the most popular elements is a basque as a bodice decoration. This element looks especially lovely on tall women.
Combinations of ankara with other fabrics create stunning effects. Since ankara fabrics are bright as they are, it’s impossible to say, which colors are the most trendy now. However, color combinations are always on top of the fashion.
Now, let’s take a look at several most lovely examples of ankara pencil gowns.
- This Ankara gown has an interesting style of collar and catchy decorative elements. The dotted print of the dress looks quite boring until it’s highlighted with a bright decorative detail. Made out of the same ankara but of a different color, this element creates the mood and adds brightness.
- This lovely sunny gown has all the features of a classic pencil dress. Its boat neckline, no sleeves and a classical length make it absolutely stylish. However, it looks modern and casual enough. The lovely skinny belt accentuates the amazing waist and creates a lovely look.
- This amazing pencil gown has a very attractive neckline due to the shoulder straps that seem to fall off the woman’s shoulders. It’s a very flirty and sensual detail, which will make all heads turn as you walk by in such a dress. The big pattern is another eye-catcher and it looks simply gorgeous.
- This pencil gown is made out of bright ankara with a popular pattern is good enough for both going on a date and having a working day in an office. The deep cut in the front is lined with solid black for modesty but the opening attracts a lot of attention. The shiny belt adds a touch of style and outlines the body shape.
READ ALSO: Ankara free gown styles
- This is a pencil dress, too, in spite of the bandeau bodice. The narrow cut and the side opening make it a perfect garment for a party. Depending on the color, you can add any accessories: massive necklaces, bracelets, big earrings, a belt, and so on. The main point is not to overdo.
- Here’s a lovely example of a short ankara pencil gown, which is made out of a combination of yellow Ankara with a deep blue print and another solid deep blue fabric. The mixture looks pretty enough for both party with friends and classes
- In this pencil gown, you can see a combination of an ankara bottom and a stretchy top. The dress is equipped with a couple of useful and convenient pockets and it looks just stunning.
- As if the bright fabric was not enough, the dress was decorated with fantastic sleeves. Here you can see three types of fabric combined for an amazing look and the goal is achieved successfully!
- Just take a look at this dress! The colors are incredibly fresh and lovely and the cut is very interesting. Tight half-sleeves, an unusual collar that’s tied at the back into a knot with flowing ribbon ends, and a belt on the waist look wonderful!
- Here we have a dress in mermaid style, which is obviously multipurpose. Even though it’s so long and looks so luxurious, it’s casual enough to be worn for daily occasions like a date or a party with friends. At the same time, with some matching accessories, it can be worn even for special occasions like weddings and so on. It’s also a wonderful Aso Ebi option.
- This green frilled item is very lovely and unusual. The regular pencil cut is decorated with a lovely frill, which creates a stunning effect and, what’s more, reveals some skin in the back. It’s a true eye-catcher that deserves attention if you are looking for something very special
- This item is very special due to the plenty of details and specific features. For instance, it’s made out of a combination of ankara and lace, the lace part attached to the bosom creates a very lovely effect of freshness and attractive half sleeves.
- This lovely pencil gown has an attached hem made out of the ankara, which is different from the whole dress. Surprisingly, it looks quite well in spite of the fact that patterns are completely different. This example shows that being open to experiments is always a good idea
- This pencil dress has attached tulle sleeves that give it the effect of lightness and a one-shoulder neckline that attracts glances. This dress is a true eye-catcher and a perfect option as an Aso Ebi idea.
- This luxurious item is absolutely stunning. Decorated with a fringe on the bosom, this dress is suitable for very evening occasion that can only occur in the world. The lovely shoulder straps, the length and the tight cut make it something that will add beauty to any type of the body
Hopefully, you have enjoyed this small collection of the best ankara pencil gowns. Choose anyone you like, add any decorations, adjust the cut to your liking and body type and turn all heads!
READ ALSO: Latest Ankara styles in vogue