Great news for all! Afe Babalola University admission has begun! The University is ready to accept every candidate who meets the University’s admission requirements for the 2018-19 academic session. If you want to know more about these requirements and the admission process for different groups of candidates, keep on reading!
Requirements for the ABUAD admission 2018-19
If you are interested in entering Afe Babalola University, you need to know certain requirements they have for the process of new students admission. Of course, they are different for undergraduate and postgraduate candidates, for those who take advantage of the direct entry program and so on. All candidates are expected to meet these requirements; otherwise, there’s no use wasting time and trying to enter the university.
READ ALSO: UNIPORT postgraduate courses in Education
Let’s check out the Afe Babalola University undergraduate admission requirements to be sure that you meet them before you apply for the admission:
- First, you need to have 5 (five) credits (WAEC or NECO or equivalent) received in no more than two sittings. These credits are supposed to include English (language and literature), Mathematics, and other 3 (three) subjects that are relevant to the course you chose.
- If you want to study Law, you need to have 5 (five) credits (WAEC or NECO or equivalent) received in no more than one sitting. These credits are supposed to include English (language and literature), Mathematics, and other 2 (two) subjects from Arts or Social Sciences
- For Nursing or other medical/biological courses, you need 5 (five) credits (WAEC or NECO or equivalent) received in no more than one sitting. These credits are to include English (language and literature), Mathematics, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry
- The required ABUAD cut off mark for post-UTME candidates is 180. Only those candidates who have either 180 or more points of their UTME result are allowed to undertake the screening examination for the admission
- The UTME result must be obtained in 2018. The results of UTME received in 2017 are not valid for admission
- In order to apply, a candidate must purchase an application form that’s available at the official website of the University. The cost of the form is N2,000
ABUAD admission requirements for change of institution and direct entry
It’s also possible to enter ABUAD even if you did not choose it during your UTME. Let’s see how it’s possible:
- First of all, you need to purchase the change of Institution form from JAMB is available at the cost of N2,000. You can pay for this form only in specific banks. For banking details, turn to the official representatives of the University
- As with regular candidates, they are expected to pass the post-UTME screening successfully
- Candidates awaiting their SSCE results are to application for admission to Afe Babalola University but only under the condition that their results will be available by August 2018
READ ALSO: NOUN registrable courses for MBA
In case you are pursuing ABUAD admission through direct entry, there are separate requirements for such situations, too. For instance, you cannot apply for courses, such as Law and health care courses like Nursing, Surgery, and Medicine. The direct entry candidates are expected to pay N2,000 for the application form, which is available at screening centers (post-UTME).
ABUAD postgraduate admission requirements
Naturally, there’s a range of requirements for postgraduate courses. Here they are:
- The main requirement is, as always, 5 (five) credits in the following subjects: English, Math, and other 3 (three), which are related to the course of studying
- Those who already own a Bachelor’s degree received in an officially approved university need to have at least the 3rd Class in the related subject
- Those who have HND received in officially approved educational facilities and possess a Lower Credit are also eligible for the admission
For Master’s Degree, you need to meet the following criteria for admission:
- 5 (five) credits in the following subjects: English, Math, and other 3 (three), which are relevant to the course you want to study.
- It’s necessary to have at least 2nd Class in a related subject received either in the same Afe Babalola University or in any other one, which is officially approved
- Candidates with 3rd Class or an HND in addition to a University PGD are also eligible for admission.
- In addition to all this, all candidates are supposed to show their intelligence, thinking capacity, intellectual maturity, and skills that would help them make decisions and solve problems
These are basically all the most important Afe Babalola University admission requirements. If you have any questions or if you consider your case in some way special, please, turn to the representatives of the University for consultation and advice. All the admission matters should be solved with these persons only.
In order to avoid swindle, please, pay money only to banks with official tellers. You should never pay anything for a “guaranteed admission” or things like that because it’s illegal and it’s literally robbery. Nobody can guarantee somebody’s admission even for a certain amount of money.
Always check the information you receive, even if it’s given from official representatives of the University because mistakes happen. Get in touch with the University should you have any questions or statements. Use only those phone numbers and other contact and banking details, which are provided on the official website of the University.