- The face off between the Ekiti state government and the police has taken another level
- The government’s spokesman, Lere Olayinka lamented the withdrawal of police from government House while the police spokesman Moshood countered the allegation
- Olayinka decried the alleged invasion of the government house by security operatives on Sunday morning, July 15
Governor Ayo Fayose’s spokesman, Lere Olayinka, has lamented that the security operatives working in the Ekiti state government house have been withdrawn while the police spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, debunked the allegation.
Olayinka said: “As at yesterday, the governor’s security aides are not available. They were withdrawn since last week Wednesday. As at last night that I went to sleep, we had less than six security men in the entire Government House.”
Olayinka during a phone interview on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily, decried the alleged invasion of the Government House by security operatives on Sunday morning, July 15.
According to him, “On Sunday morning, a day after the (Ekiti State Governorship) election, the Government House was also invaded by security men – soldiers, mobile policemen etc. And they sealed up everywhere. I have photographs that we have sent online showing soldiers in front of the Government House.”
“What I can say is that all the assertions by the last speaker (Olayinka) and the governor himself is not correct. The Government House in Ekiti state has more than 100 police personnel.”
The force spokesman, who also is a Deputy Commissioner of Police, said that the governor would not be deprived of his rights.
He added: “The governor is entitled to a right to life and all the rights that every Nigerian is entitled to. We have a full unit of 63 mobile men that are attached to the government House. And we have the Explosive Ordinance Department (the Special Protection Unit), the ADCs and the CSO.
He asked: “If the governor is saying that the Government House was sealed up, then how did he enter yesterday in the morning?”
The force spokesman also appealed to the governor not to mislead Nigerians with a contrary statement as the police would not expose Fayose to any form of threat.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that the police command in Ekiti besieged the state government house, preventing movement in and out of the complex with armoured personnel carrier and Hilux vehicles.
Some armed police officers numbering over 50 have cordoned off the entrance to the Ekiti state Government House, preventing movement in and out of the building.
A police armoured personnel carrier and Hilux vehicles parked at the entrance blocking the pavilion and the area leading to Governor Ayodele Fayose's office.
Governor Fayose Warns Nigerian Youths Ahead of 2019, Tells Them What to Do | Legit.ng TV: