Army raises alarm, says Boko Haram terrorists are regrouping in Borno

Army raises alarm, says Boko Haram terrorists are regrouping in Borno

- Nigerian Army has said that Boko Haram terrorists are regrouping in Borno state

- Major General Rogers Nicholas, the Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, said that some of the terrorists attacked the nation’s military troops in Bama village

- He also blamed the attack on the muddy terrain of the road

The Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Rogers Nicholas, has said that some Boko Haram members are regrouping around Bama local government area of Borno state.

Channels TV reports that Nicholas told journalists in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital on Monday, July 16, that some of the terrorists attacked the nation’s military troops in Bama village on Saturday, July 14.

Legit.ng gathered that the troops were attacked while conducting clearance operations in the area.

READ ALSO: Panic in APC as party leadership commences staff audit

He also blamed the attack on the muddy terrain of the road, which slowed the movement of troops and left several operational vehicles stuck.

The Theater Commander, however, denied reports that some soldiers went missing after the attack with military vehicles carted away, describing the report as untrue and misleading.

Nicholas noted that the army would have to restrategise its operations especially with the setting in of the rains to consolidate on successes recorded.

The director of Army public relations, Brigadier General Texas Chukwu, had earlier denied reports that 23 Nigerian soldiers were missing after the ambush.

The Army spokesman said the soldiers promptly repelled the attack while none of them was dead or missing.

“The Nigerian Army wishes to state categorically that the report is not only untrue but misleading as the said report is blown out of proportion by the media.

“Contrary to the report, the Nigerian Army wishes to put the record straight on the issue and assure members of the public particularly residents of the northeast to disregard the report as their safety is guaranteed,” he said.

To Chukwu, the fight against Boko Haram terrorists in the insurgency troubled region of the country was yielding positive results.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Nigerian Army alerted members of the public to be wary of escaping members of Boko Haram finding their way into isolated communities.

Nigerian Air Force Operations Against Boko Haram | - on Legit.ng TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel