Buratai meets Operation Lafiya Dole commanders over Boko Haram attacks

Buratai meets Operation Lafiya Dole commanders over Boko Haram attacks

- Lieutenant general Tukur Buratai has met with some top commanders at the control and command centre in Maiduguri, Borno state

- The meeting came up after some suspected terrorists carried out attack on troops at Bama

- A military source said top commanders discussed new strategies to flush out the remnants of the terrorists, especially in Borno north and the Lake Chad region

The Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai has met with the Theatre Commander, Nicholas Roger and other top commanders at the control and command centre in Maiduguri, after the recent attacks in Bama in Borno and Jilli in Yobe.

Although the outcome of the meeting was not made public, a source said that the commanders briefed the army chief on the various ongoing operations in the northeast, News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.

The source said the meeting reviewed the operations and discussed new strategies to flush out the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists, especially in Borno North and the Lake Chad region.

Boko Haram attacks: Buratai meets Operation Lafiya Dole commanders

The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai. Photo source: Google

READ ALSO: INEC welcomes PDP’s threat to challenge result of Ekiti election

At the moment, Operation Last Hold, designed to clear remnants of the terrorists in those areas and facilitate return of IDPs to their ancestral home, is being conducted by the army.

The terrorists attacked a military base in Jilli in Yobe on Saturday, July 14 after carrying out attack on troops at Bama a few days earlier.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app

Contrary to reports, the army denied that the insurgents killed soldiers at both locations and carted away vehicles.

The director of army public relations, Brigadier general Texas Chukwu in a statement said “all troops” that came under attack in Jilli had been accounted for, contrary to reports that some of them were missing.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that an attack was carried out in the early hours of Sunday, April 22 with 5 people left dead. Ali Abacha who is an official of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), confirmed the incident.

Abacha said two female bombers sneaked into the mosque while Muslims were observing their prayers and detonated the explosives.

He said: “Those injured were rushed to the Military Hospital in Bama while some of the dead were identified by their family members and taken for burial in line with Islamic injunction.”

In a related that development, the residents of Maiduguri, Borno state are apprehensive over potential attacks by terrorist group, Boko Haram.

The residents who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of being attacked expressed worry on the activities of the group around the city.

They called for aggressive surveillance by Nigerian security agencies, because according to them, the terrorists were inching closer to the state capital.

Nigerian Air Force Operations Against Boko Haram | Legit.ng TV:

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel