- An Imo Bishop recently lost his 24-year-old daughter to a gas explosion at their home in Owerri
- According to reports, she had gone home to prepare breakfast using the gas cooker which exploded the moment she turned it on
- She died on June 3 and was buried on June 9, which was supposed to be her birthday
The family and friends of Tehila Nwaogu have been thrown into a state of mourning after she lost her life due to a gas explosion. According to reports, Tehila was the daughter of the presiding bishop of Praise Centre Incorporated in Owerri, Rev. Stafford Nwaogu.
According to a family source who spoke with Southern City News, Tehila had finished conducting the first session of the service and had gone home to have some breakfast before the main service. Unbeknownst to her, that ill-fated Sunday would be her last day.
He said, "She went to the house and on lighting the gas burner at the kitchen, flame overtook the kitchen and burnt her. She did not die on the spot but was taken to the hospital. Four days after her admission to the hospital, she gave up the ghost”, he said.
She was rushed to the Umezuruike Hospital in Owerri, where she was later transferred to Federal Medical Centre in the same Owerri, but died on Thursday, June 7.
Tehila who was 24-years-old was a student at the Owerri campus of the National Open University of Nigeria. The incident happened on June 3 but Tehila was buried on June 9 on the day she was to celebrate her 24th birthday.
Describing his daughter’s death as unfortunate, the bishop said he had yielded to the will of God Almighty.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News on Legit.ng News App
Get the hottest gist on Naija Uncensored Facebook Group
NAF buries pilot who died in Kaduna helicopter crash on Legit.ng TV: