You have a good opportunity to find out OAU distance learning fees. In this post we have gathered all important information about payments for different programmes in OAU. Read on and know how much it costs to study in this distance learning school.
You must have heard about Nigerian Obafemi Awolowo University. It offers a lot of educational opportunities for their students. There are here the faculties of law, art, dentistry, administration, engineering, science and many others. However, they also provided one more advanced opportunity for high-quality studying. As you understand this is about a distance learning guided by the University. The university itself was established in 1961 but OAU distance learning center was founded much later, in 2002.
They use modern network technologies, various high quality methods of distance learning, and offer the best teachers. If you want to go through OAU distance learning courses, you need to know their fees. And you can look through them below.
OAU school fees
OAU distance learning center notifies that these fees can change. And this information is not always available even on their official website. That’s why, you should contact them directly to know more accurate information. They will send you all necessary data about payments with your admission letter. However, at the moment they give the next information about fees in their distance learning school.
For those who want undergo Pre-degree programme need to know that there is a difference between fees for women and men. So, men should pay ₦187,500.00 and women - ₦222,500.00;
And if you need to pay for Science Option of Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB), it will cost ₦255,000.00. The payment for Non-Science Option, in turn, is ₦235,000.00;
- For students of courses in French Language per level costs ₦20,000.00;
- If you want to get the Certificate Course in Gender and Development Studies, you should pay ₦75,000.00;
- For those who undergo Portuguese Language courses (CELPE-BRAS), the payment is ₦190,000.00;
- To get the Postgraduate Certificate Course in Gender Studies, a student should pay ₦115,000.00.
- If you are a student of Conservation Science and Tourism Department, payment consists ₦82,750.00 for Diploma 1. And for Diploma 2 you should pay ₦70,500.00;
- For the students of Dramatic Arts Department the payment is ₦77,750.00 in case of Diploma 1, and consequently - ₦64,750.00 for Diploma 2;
- To get Diploma in Education: if it's the Science Option, payment consists ₦72,750.00 for Diploma 1, for Diploma 2 students pay ₦63,750.00; And as for Non-Science Option, fees are ₦62,750.00 for Diploma 1, and ₦53,750.00 for Diploma 2;
- If you study Fine and Applied Arts, payments will consist: ₦76,750.00 for Diploma 1, and consequently - ₦60,750.00 for Diploma 2;
- For the students of Music Department, fees are: ₦73,750.00 for Diploma 1, and ₦60,750.00 Diploma 2;
- To get Diploma of Physical and Health Education faculty, you should pay ₦73,250.00 for Diploma 1, and ₦64,250.00 is a cost for Diploma 2.
READ ALSO: Benue state university courses offered
- For the bachelors of Accounting faculty, fees are: N159,000 for the new students, and N131,500 for those who have returned to studying. And N151,500 is a cost for final year students;
- Bachelor's Degree in Education – there is no any information, contact them directly to receive a specific information;
- If you study at the faculty of Economics, you should pay: N159,000 if you are a new student, then N131,500 - if you've returned), and finally, N151,500 is a cost for the final year students;
- To get Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Science, fees are: for year 1 student - N186,000, year 2 and year 4 students - N176,000, and consequently - N196,000 for year 5 students;
OAU Postgraduate Degree
- If you are going to get Executive Master's in Environmental Management, you should pay: ₦216,000.00 for Year 1, and ₦196,000.00 for Year 2;
- For the students of Information Technology Department, fees are: ₦216,000.00 for Year 1 and ₦196,000.00 for Year 2;
- The payments in Public Health consist: ₦270,000.00 for Year 1, and consequently ₦250,000.00 for Year 2;
- For those who study Public Administration, payments consists: ₦230,000.00 for Year 1, and ₦210,000.00 for Year 2;
- If you want to get the Postgraduate Degree in Technology Management, you should pay: ₦216,000.00 for Year 1, and ₦196,000.00 for Year 2;
- For the Actuarial Science Department, payments are: ₦216,000.00 for Year 1, and consequently ₦196,000.00 for Year 2;
- If you want to get the Postgraduate Degree in Managerial Psychology, pay: ₦216,000.00 for Year 1, and - ₦196,000.00 for Year 2;
- For the students of Real Estate faculty, fees are: ₦216,000.00 for Year 1, and - ₦196,000.00 for Year 2;
- To get OAU Postgraduate Degree in Technology in ICT Policy and Regulations (EMTR), the sudents should pay: ₦216,000.00 for Year 1, and - ₦196,000.00 for Year 2.
This is all available information about each OAU distance learning programme in 2018. If you have any doubts or questions regarding any fees, we recommend you to contact the center. You can call them +234(0)810 828 7293 or write on one of these email addresses:
It's necessary to ascertain the reliability of the latest fees data. The center also provides the convenient methods of payments such as partial payments. You can receive information about partial payments in your admission letter. Please note: if you are a new student of Obafemi Awolowo University distance learning school, the payment requirements may increase each year. It is caused by an inflationary amount. As for the appliction fees, they are also available on their official website.
READ ALSO: Crescent University school fees
Source: Center for distance learning OAU