Nigerian news All categories All tags
Eden Hazard backs former Napoli boss Sarri to replace Conte at Stamford Bridge

Eden Hazard backs former Napoli boss Sarri to replace Conte at Stamford Bridge

- Chelsea star Hazard wants Maurizio Sarri at the Stamford Bridge next season

- He is said to have been got positive encouragement after speaking his his fellow Belgian who plays for Napoli

- The 27-year-old might also leave the west London club this summer having being linked with a move to Real Madrid

Chelsea superstar has reportedly thrown his weight behind former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri to replace Antonio Conte at the Stamford Bridge nest season according to the Mirror.

The Belgium was said to have had a chat with his countryman Dries Mertens while preparing for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

Conte still has one more year on his contract with the Blues, but Hazard seems unapproved of the former Juventus handler continuing at the club next season.

He was unable to defend the title he won in his first season at the Bridge after joining them in the summer of 2016.

READ ALSO: Ahmed Musa frees 40 prisoners, donates millions of naira

His London club also finished outside of top four teams on the EPL table – which means that they will campaign in the Europa League next term.

However, the Italian boss has insisted that he intends to continue his playing style next season – hoping they back him up for his final season.

Meanwhile, Sarri has been heavily tipped as the favourite to succeed Conte after quitting his position as the head coach of Napoli earlier this month.

According to Daily Star, the 59-year-old is in talks over a proposed two-year deal with the west London club, while La Gazzetta dello Sport, claims Sarri’s potential signing is being backed by Hazard.

Hazard was said to have gotten encouraging feedback from Belgium team-mate Dries Mertens and is now pushing to get the deal over the line.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

The Belgian has however been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid this summer but the forward has hinted at staying by insisting he is focused on dethroning Manchester City next season.

We have a lot of top players, players who are used to winning trophies. We will be ready next season,” he said last week.

I think all of the players and the club want one thing and that’s to win the title.

Of course we will see if we can bring in some new players. But we will be focused on winning the title, that’s it.

Legit.ng previously reported that Eden Hazard wants to stay at Chelsea to help the Blues reclaim the Premier League title.

The 27-year-old scored the only goal that powered his side to FA Cup title on Saturday, May 19, after beating Manchester United 1-0 at Wembley Stadium.

Hazard has been linked with a move to Spanish side Real Madrid since last two years, and Los Blancos are ready to tempt the Blues with mega million move for lure him to Spain.

Despite not being impressive as Chelsea lost their Premier League title to Manchester City, Eden Hazard scored the goal that gave the Blues the FA Cup title on Saturday, May 19.

Hilarious Nigerian FootBall Jokes - Legit.ng TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel