- The Presidency has said he didn’t tamper with APC convention committees
- The special adviser to the president on media and publicity, Femi Adesina, said it is just a mere allegation
- Adesina said President Buhari’s position will not interfere in party affairs or matters before the law courts
Federal government on Thursday, May 24, declared that there was no truth in the allegations that it substituted some members of the ruling All Progressives Congress’ sub-committees for the national convention.
Punch reports that the special adviser to the president on media and publicity, Femi Adesina, who disclosed this in a statement in Abuja said it was not in the character of President Buhari to interfere in party affairs or matters before the courts.
He noted that it was disingenuous to attribute every perceived infraction in activities of party or government appointees to the president’s desk.
According to him, “We are constrained to deny media reports alleging that the Presidency substituted or smuggled in some names of members of the All Progressives Congress Convention Planning Sub-Committees.
“Nothing in the allegation can be further from the truth in every material particular. For the umpteenth time, we wish to reiterate President Muhammadu Buhari’s position that he will not interfere in party affairs or matters before the law courts.
“It ought to have been obvious by now to discerning Nigerians that it is not in the nature of this President to go against the provisions of the country’s constitution let alone his party’s constitutional provisions.
“It is, therefore, disingenuous to attribute every perceived infraction in activities of party or government appointees to the president’s desk.”
A drama had played out at the APC national headquarters Abuja on Wednesday as some members protested the removal of their names from the party’s sub-committees for its national convention.
About 50 affected persons who claimed their names had earlier been published in the media as members of different committees had claimed that their names were replaced with names on a list allegedly sent in from the presidency.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that the federal government released a new directive on how President Buhari should be addressed at formal functions.
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, gave the directive in a circular sent to ministries, departments and agencies of the federal government.
Mustapha said it becomes necessary to have a standard format for addressing him at such formal occasions.
President Buhari on 2019 presidential election: will you vote for him? | Legit.ng TV: