The super popular Nigerian TV show Big Brother Naija 2017 brought the nation another hero. The winner, Efe, has woken up a real celebrity. Let’s see how he was then and what he is up to now.
Several facts about BBNaija 2017 winner
There are several facts about Efe, the winner, which not everybody would know. Actually, here are some of them:
- Efe’s full name ie Ejeba Efe Michael. The name Efe was chosen for the simplicity and comfort of those who pronounce it
- Efe saw the light of this world in 1993, being born on February 25
- Apart from being a BBNaija star, he is a singer, Efe wants to become a rap star and a songwriter
- In compliance with the statistics, Efe has become one of the most popular and beloved housemates of BBNaija, not only in 2017, because he collected more than 60% of votes from fans of the reality show
- Fans love Efe for the ability of staying away from all the scandals and intrigues that that toke place in the house between housemates
- One of the funny habits Efe has is picking his nose
- There was an occasion when Efe was one of the candidates for the eviction from the house. Luckily, that never happened
- Efe has Warri roots from his parents. He originates from the Delta state
- Efe came to Lagos while seeking better opportunities of career development and other possibilities of making his dream come true
- Efe studied economics at the University of Jos
- The most expensive purchase Efe has made since he had received the N25 million were shoes. Nothing extraordinary, he said, but he liked them a lot
Efe Big Brother Naija winner: who is he?
Among other housemates, Efe seemed to stay aside owing to some peculiarities of his temper. He has never got into serious troubles and has never been really a candidate for the eviction like, for example, Kemen or other evicted ones.
Some people say that there are strong reasons why Efe won BBNaija 2017. It’s said that he has just been himself, not someone else, not playing a role. At the same time, his true personality appeared to be more attractive than the one of TBoss, for example.
The attitude really means in such cases, so people did not like the arrogant TBoss’ manner of communicating with people. Instead, the delight of Saturday night parties, the one who has always been an active participant of singing songs, playing games, completing tasks in the house has received the most of the viewers’ love.
What are the BBNaija housemates up to now?
Some of the BBNaija 2017 housemates have built quick and quite successful careers. For instance, TBoss has become the face of several brands and acted in a movie. Soma has also tried acting in a TV show, just like Gifty.
Kemen has started his own fitness project called “Run with Kemen”. Thintall Tony, a gifted performer, has also focused on reaching success as an actor. Another success in the acting area came to Bisola who’s also into developing her career in music, as well.
Coco Ice has concentrated on the development of her music career, just like the winner, Efe. Bally has shifted his life focus directly on his DJ’s career and being a model. Marvis has already released her single as a rapper. Debbie Rise has released two singles.
However, among all other housemates, the biggest part of the public attention has gone to Efe, anyway. This is why his own rap career is under such a detailed view of the audience. No wonder that his music works receive a lot of criticism.
Yet, the singer never suffers from it. As he says, he’s far from being a real social media person. This is why all those negative remarks on his music don’t really affect him. Instead, he says that he’s completely satisfied with everything he’s currently doing.
When he’s being asked about the experience in the BBNaija house, he replies that he feels blessed for being able to spend the 78 days in the house doing what he has been doing there. He claims he has just been living his simple everyday life, having fun, and receiving plenty of love and affection from outside of the house.
Some people assume that there should be nothing else behind the desire to participate in such a show even if it’s free of charge. In fact, Efe always says that all the deprivations they all have suffered there are for the money purely. For instance, living without mobile phones was quite hard at the start but then, for the sake of the reward, he was ready to be deprived of the phone forever if it would mean his success.
Another curious thing is that he has never ever regretted participating in the Big Brother Naija show, no matter what. The only thing that has made him feel pity was the fact that he drank alcohol in the house and his mother was disappointed by this fact. The rest of the time he would have left as it was.
Well, he has his rights to behave like this. After winning the N25 million he can afford to do whatever he wants, record whichever music he wants, and have all the things going as he wants them to go, not as anybody else does.