- The Abia state chapter of the APC has denied claims of rancour within its party
- APC publicity secretary said only one congress was held at the state level
- Benedict Godson said the congress produced Donatus Nwankpa as its chairman
The All Progressives Congress has debunked reports of crisis in the just concluded congress at its Abia state chapter. The party also said that there was never any form of double congress at the state level.
A statement released by Benedict Godson, the publicity secretary for the Abia state chapter of the APC, said the party had one congress which was followed with the acceptance of Donatus Nwankpa as its chairman.
Godson said Nwankpa won after a due process of formal congress was followed and his acceptance gained him the vote given to him.
"The congress of Abia went peacefully without any rancour from any group as we have always been known as peaceful people.
"There was never a time a parallel congress was witnessed in the period of the ward, local government and state congress. The congress committee of each state were always in one group, and there was no place the committee were dualised to conduct a parallel congress," Godson added.
He further urged the public and the people of the state to ignore reports which have been sponsored by detractors in the state.
Godson also released a list of executives of the congress - headed by Jonathan Zingina in Umuahia stadium - which produced Nwankpa as the state's party chairman.
The list of the executives include:
1. H.E. Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu MON (BOT)
2. H.E. Chief Chris Akomas (BOT)
3. Chief Sam Nkire (BOT)
4. Prince B.B Apugo (BOT)
5. Senator Nkechi Nwaogu
6. Senator Chris Adighije
7. Senator Bob Nwannunu
8. Dr. Anyim Nyerere
9. Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah OON
10. Honourable Emeka Wogu
11. Rt. Honourable Stanley Ohajuruka
12. Honourable Iheanacho Obioma
13. Honourable Chinenye Ike
14. Honourable Chidi Maduekwe
15. Rt. Honourable Martins Azubuike
16. Sir Mark Nwagbara
17. Prince Chemberline Adiaso
18. Honourable Chibuzo Okogbuo
19. Honourable Ike Ezekwesiri
20. Ambassador Okey Emuchay
21. Honourable Humphrey Azubuike
22. Barrister Benjamin Kalu
23. Mrs. Sally Chinedu
24. Chief Mascot Uzor Kalu
25. Barrister KC Ugboaja
26. Dr. Victor Amuta
27. Barrister Pedro Maduekwe
28. Honourable Richard Harrison
29. Rt. Justice Sunday Imo
30. Barrister Ndionyenma
31. Chief Onyema Olujie
32. Honourable Tony (former Reps Aba)
33. Chief Onyemaobi
34. Major General Ogbonnaya Okoro
35. DIG. Azubuike Ubah Rtd.
36. Chief Marshal Nwokocha
37. Dr. Ejike Orji
38. Chief Nnamdi Iro (Opotoyom)
39. Mr. Chibuike Ukauwa
40. Chief Ralph Ukoro.
Godson said: "With this leaders that consists of serving State House of Assembly members and opinion moulders of Abia politics, who then witnessed the other assumed congress?
We urge the good people of Abia to keep hope alive as we approach 2019. We know the pain in your hearts. We will give Abians a sound candidate that will move it out of this sorry state."
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the vice president, Yemi Osinbajo, had assured that the crisis rocking the APC will be solved.
Osinbajo said the ruling party is strong and committed to offering hope to the electorate expressing hope that the tension in the party would be resolved soon.
The vice president also said that many issues going on within the party and members will be resolved as they go along.
President Buhari on 2019 presidential election: will you vote for him? on Legit.ng TV