Nigerian news All categories All tags
Miyetti Allah group alleges plan to dislodge members from Lagos

Miyetti Allah group alleges plan to dislodge members from Lagos

- The Lagos chapter of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association has alleged plans by the state government to dislodge its members

- They said the government’s planned demolition of the Abbatoir in Oko-Oba would force them to move away from the state

- The group advised the government to have a rethink

- The state government, however, debunked the allegation, saying it has no plans to evict anyone from the state

Following plans to demolish the Oko-oba lairage and abattoir, the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Lagos state chapter, has alleged plans by the state government to dislodge its members from the state, Vanguard reports.

The allegation was made by chairman of the association, Alhaji Mohammed Liliga, in a chat with journalists.

READ ALSO: Fayemi threatened to cripple Ekiti if not given APC ticket - Ojudu camp alleges

Legit.ng gathers that Liliga claimed the planned demolition exercise would make it the fifth time the state government was demolishing the market.

He said if the plan is not shelved, the traders might be forced to relocate from the state; even as he disclosed that the latest planned eviction was communicated to them by the commissioner of agriculture and cooperatives, Toyin, Saurau, on Friday, May 4.

Liliga stated: “We advise the state government to have a re-think on the planned demolition exercise or we will be forced to move away from Lagos. We can’t do business where our interest is not guaranteed."

However, the allegation was quickly debunked by the commissioner, Toyin Saurau, who said the government has no plans to evict anyone from the state. He explained that the government only planned to upgrade the market by developing its infrastructure to modern standards.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that the Benue state government obtained the permission of the high court to institute a criminal case against the leadership of Miyetti Allah Kautal for allegedly being behind the attacks that resulted in the deaths of several persons in the state between December 31, 2017 and January 1, 2018.

Counsel to the Benue state government, Andrew Wombo, said the state was charging the Miyetti Allah Kautal to court on eight count charges ranging from grievous hurts, arson, conspiracy, to mischief by fire, among others.

Time to take up arms against herdsmen attacks? - on Legit.ng TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel