Have you already heard about the MTN Do Not Disturb service? Well, it’s a very convenient and free service from MTN that can be useful to you. Just keep on reading and learn more about this feature.
Reasons to enable MTN DND on your phone
How many messages do you receive daily from all possible promotional services? Perhaps, a lot. Well, if you are sick and tired of all this stuff, there’s a solution for you. You have probably thought of it on your own already. The solution is blocking them once and for all.
READ ALSO: How to check MTN data bundles expiry date
Since 2016, all the existing telecommunication providers in Nigeria are obliged to have a service that allows their customers filter the stream of messages they receive from diverse companies. The Nigerian Communication Commission has come to this decision to help people obtain a free choice between the messages they want to receive and the remaining stuff that’s useless to them.
However, you may be probably still receiving some messages you would like to block. Still, how can this be done? Let’s see what this is all about and which opportunities the MTN service DND (Do Not Disturb) offers.
There are two main features of the DND service:
- You can fully block some message senders and remove yourself from their promotional contact lists
- You can partially block some message senders and receive only the categories of messages that are of some interest to you
It’s interesting and may be important to you that the service is free for MTN customers and will always be.
Once you have activated the DND service with the help of one of the special MTN codes, you will be able to completely block certain messages, partially block others, view the current status, or deactivate the service. There’s nothing complicated in the procedure and you are able to handle it easily.
Activate and deactivate MTN Do Not Disturb
To activate the Do Not Disturb service you need to text the word “help” to the special short code 2442. In a couple of seconds you will receive a reply with the following options:
- If you want to stop completely all the SMS and IVR messages, text “stop” to 2442
- If you want to allow all the SMS and IVR messages, text “allow” to 2442
- If you want to receive only the messages about banking and finance, text “1” to 2442
- If you want to receive only the messages about real estate, text “2” to 2442
- If you want to receive only the messages about education, text “3” to 2442
- If you want to receive only the messages about health, text “4” to 2442
- If you want to receive only the messages about consumer goods, text “5” to 2442
- If you want to receive only the messages about communication services, text “6” to 2442
- If you want to receive only the messages about tourism and pastime, text “7” to 2442
- If you want to receive only the messages about sports, text “8” to 2442
- If you want to receive only the messages about religion, text “91” for Christian messages, “92” for Islamic messages, and “93” for other religions to 2442
- If you want to receive only the messages about new goods or services, text “10” to 2442
- If you want to receive only news, text “11” to 2442
- If you want to check your status, text “status” to 2442
Remember: MTN own promotional or informational messages are not blocked with any of these features in any way.
Well, this is how to operate the MTN service and filter away messages that litter your inbox. As you can see, everything is easy and free. You can free yourself from tons of useless messages right now! Just send the provider a short message.