- Seven people have been reportedly killed after two suicide bombers attacked a mosque in Bama, Borno state
- Dozens were also injured and currently receiving treatment in Bama hospital
- The incident happened on the morning of Sunday, April 22
Following an attack by two suicide bombers at a mosque in Bama, Borno state, on the morning of Sunday, April 22, at least, seven people were reportedly killed and dozens wounded.
A source, who confirmed this, stated that those wounded were currently receiving treatment in Bama hospital, Daily Trust reports.
Legit.ng notes that emergency teams in Bama said: "So far five civilians were killed instantly but there were several with critical injuries. So, we have called the state Emergency Management Agency, we are expecting them to come and evacuate the injured to Maiduguri."
It would be recalled the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) said the Nigerian government relocated no fewer than 3,000 internally displaced persons of Bama origin in Borno to their hometown.
IOM said the relocation followed the reopening of the Maiduguri-Bama-Banki road on March 24 by the Nigerian military after four years of its closure due to Boko Haram activities.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that two Boko Haram suicide bombers blew themselves up while trying to attack a mosque in Damboa, Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.
Muazu Alhaji Misiya posted on his Facebook page: “Two male suicide bombers attacked two mosque during Tahajjud prayer. They strapped IEDs on their bodies.
They stormed Kusari area near CBN Staff Quarters in Sulemanti Damboa Road, Maiduguri at about 3:10 am earlier today (Monday, June 27). However, detonated the devices on themselves. One Civilian Joint Task Force(CJTF) got injured. Alhamdullillah! (Thank God).”
Nigerian Air Force operations against Boko Haram - on Legit.ng TV