How to merge Facebook pages having different names? Many page managers are faced with this problem and do not know how to solve it. Sometimes, Facebook gives a hint on how to merge pages, but this does not always happen, and it is difficult to find the needed information. Our manual can help you to solve this problem.
Make sure that your pages meet the requirements for merging
Facebook will merge the pages only if they meet certain requirements:
- You need to have administrator access to all ready-to-merge pages.
- Pages should have analogous content. For example, you can not combine a page that represents a labour organization with a page that represents a footbal team fan club.
Pages should have the same names. For example, you can combine "Good page" and "Good page1", but the "Good page" and "Completely different page" can not be merged. If the page names are not the same, change the name the first or the second one of their pages thus they are almost the same. Open the page and click "Edit" than "Update page information". In the "Name" field, enter a new name for the page. The main requirement for changing the name is that the page needs to have fewer than two hundred likes.
- If possible, the pages should have the same address.
You need to know which page will be saved. When merging pages, the page that has the largest number of likes will be saved, and the other pages will be combined to it. Consolidated pages will be deleted, and you will only have the selected page, with all readers and number of views.
Save the desired content from old pages. After the merger, all photos and messages will be permanently lost. Do not forget to save all the images and copy the text of all important publications that you want to measure to the main page.
READ ALSO: How to remove ads on Google Chrome?
How to merge facebook pages with different names
- Choose the page with the largest number of likes. The merging process will be performed on this page. Click to the "Admin panel" on this page.
- Click the "Edit Page" button. Than select "Edit Settings".
- Click the link "Merge duplicate Pages". If this option is unavailable, it means that Facebook has not found pages that can be merged. Make sure that the page you want to merge meets all the requirements.
- Confirm the pages that you want to merge. A list of all detected copies of the pages appears on the screen. Check the box next to each page that you want to merge with your homepage. After you click on the "Merge Pages" button, all views will be added to the main page, and all the content on the merged pages will be deleted.
The approval of a merging request can take up during 14 days. You will be notified of a result of merger by e-mail.
How to delete a duplicate page
As was mentioned above, you can combine similar pages only when you are the manager of these pages. There are situations when there are duplicate pages that are very bothering you, confuse users, but they do not belong to you. These may be old pages that your company has lost access to; it can also be a page created by the fans of the brand or, on the contrary, detractors who want to undermine trust. In these cases, you can apply for the removal of such a page.
READ ALSO: Social media security tips