Would you like to join Ahmadu Bello University for the 2020/2021 academic year? Have you been looking for information about ABU Zaria admission requirements? Sit back and relax; this article contains all these details.
If ABU Zaria is your dream school, and you would like to join this institution, then here is everything you need to know about the institution's requirements and cut off marks for candidates.
General Ahmadu Bello University requirements
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents in not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO, or approved equivalents.
- The JAMB fixed cut off mark for ABU Zaria is 180.
Ahmadu Bello University requirements for specific courses
Here are all the details about ABU Zaria admission requirements for the different Ahmadu Bello University courses offered in the university.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Economics and any one (1) of Mathematics, Statistics, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Accounting, Business Management, History, and Government.
2. Mass Communication
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Arts or Social Science subjects one (1) of which must be Government, Sociology, Economics or Commerce.
- Credit/merit in ABU Diploma in Mass Communication or Journalism. Equivalent Diploma in Mass Communication from a recognized University is also acceptable.
3. Political Science
- Three (3) ‘A’ level/IJMB passes from any of the following subjects: Government, History, Sociology, Economics, Geography.
- ABU accepts two (2) ‘A’ level/IJMB passes which must include Sociology or Government/ History and any other subject.
5. Computer Science
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in science subjects including Mathematics
- NCE merit in Mathematics and one (1) other Science or Social Science subject.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) from Biology, Zoology or Botany.
- ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in Mathematics and any two (2) of Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography and Geology.
- NCE Mathematics and any of Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography Geology and Computer Science.
8. Textile Science and Technology
- ABU accepts ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics.
- ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in Mathematics and any two (2) of Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography, and Geology.
- NCE Mathematics/ Statistics with any of Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography, and Geology.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes from Geology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, and Geography.
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes chosen from Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Biology.
- NCE/ND/HND in related programmes plus the UTME requirements.
12. Veterinary Medicine
- Three (3) ‘A’ level passes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Mathematics.
- HND lower credit in Animal Science.
- Three (3) ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Zoology, and Physics or Mathematics plus UTME requirements.
14. Nursing/Nursing Science
- ‘A’ Level/IJMB passes in three (3) subjects from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Zoology.
- Registered Nurse (RN) certificate with at least five (5) ’0’ level credits passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
15. Civil Law
- ABU accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level/IJMB Passes in Literature in English and other two (2) Arts or Social Science subjects.
16. Fine Art
- ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in Fine Arts and one other subject.
- NCE merit in Fine Arts.
17. Industrial Design
- NCE Double Major in Art and ND/HND credit in relevant programmes.
- ‘A’ level/ IJMB passes in Chemistry, and any of Physics and Mathematics
- ND credit in Glass Technology from any accredited institution
- NCE credit in Chemistry.
- HND credit in Science, Materials Science and Engineering, or in Chemical Engineering from any accredited institution.
18. Urban and Regional Planning
- ‘A’ level /IJMB passes in Geography and one of Economics/Mathematics.
- ND upper credit in Urban and Regional Planning or related Environmental Sciences from accredited institutions.
- ABU accepts two (2) ‘A’ level/IJMB passes which must include Mathematics and Physics, Chemistry, Geography, or Fine Arts.
20. Metallurgical Engineering
- ABU accepts ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
21. Mechanical Engineering
- Two (2) ‘A’ level/IJMB passes from Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- ND upper credit, NCE credit, and HND lower credit in Mechanical Engineering.
22. Electrical Engineering
- ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in Mathematics and Physics.
- ND/HND upper/lower credit in Electrical Engineering with distinction in Mathematics respectively.
23. Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
- ABU Zaria accepts ND upper credit or HND lower credit in Water Resources or Civil Engineering from accredited institutions.
24. Civil Engineering
ABU Zaria accepts:
- ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in Physics and Mathematics.
- ND/HND upper credit.
- HND lower credit in Civil Engineering from accredited institutions.
ABUZaria cut off marks for 2020
The JAMB fixed cut off mark for ABU Zaria is 180. However, some courses are more competitive than others, and this means that UTME/Direct Entry candidates seeking admission into these courses need to score above 200 to ensure they secure admission into these courses. For example,
- Candidates seeking admission into Medicine (O’ Level result with one sitting only) and Nursing are expected to score a minimum of 220 JAMB score to secure admission into Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.
- Those seeking admission into Mass Communication, Common Law, Pharmacy, Anatomy, and Physiology are expected to score 200 in JAMB.
- Candidates seeking admission into Computer Science, English Language, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, and all engineering courses except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering should score nothing less than 190 in JAMB.
What are the courses offered by Ahmadu Bello University?
The university offers the following courses:
- Agricultural Engineering;
- Agricultural Extension And Management;
- Agricultural Science And Education;
- Arabic Studies;
- Automotive Engineering;
- Biological Sciences;
- Business Administration;
- Business Education;
- Chemical Engineering;
- Civil Engineering;
- Civil Law;
- Computer Engineering;
- Computer Science;
- Dentistry and Dental Surgery;
- Education and Arabic;
- Education and Mathematics;
- Education and Physics;
- Education and Religious Studies;
- Education and Social Studies;
- Education and Biology;
- Education and Chemistry;
- Education and Christian Religious Studies;
- Education and Computer Science;
- Education and Geography;
- Education and Hausa;
- Education and Integrated Science;
- Education and Islamic Studies;
- Education and Language Arts;
- Educational Administration and Planning;
- Electrical Engineering;
- English Language;
- Fine Art;
- Fisheries and Aquaculture;
- Forestry and Wildlife Management;
- Glass Technology;
- Guidance and Counselling;
- Health Education;
- Home Economics and Education;
- Human Kinetics;
- Industrial Design;
- International Studies;
- Islamic/Sharia Law;
- Land Surveying;
- Library and Information Science;
- Literature In English;
- Local Government and Development Studies;
- Mass Communication;
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Mechatronics Engineering;
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine and Surgery
- Metallurgical Engineering;
- Mining Engineering;
- Nursing/Nursing Science;
- Physical and Health Education;
- Political Science;
- Public Administration;
- Quantity Surveying;
- Surveying and Geoinformatics;
- Telecommunication Engineering;
- Textile Science and Technology;
- Theatre and Performing Arts;
- Urban and Regional Planning;
- Veterinary Medicine;
- Water Resources and Environmental Engineering;
Ahmadu Bello University is a wonderful university with superb facilities and great lecturers. If this is your institution of choice, then you have made the right choice. Good luck in pursuing your higher education.
READ ALSO: List of courses offered by University of Calabar in 2020
Legit.ng recently reported about the courses offered by the University of Calabar in 2020. The courses include Civil Law, Economics, Food Science and Technology, Theatre Arts, Education, and Political Science, Medicine and Surgery, among many others.
Due to the university's competitive admission measures, applicants must meet all the requirements outlined on its official website. Also, aspiring students can access more information about the courses by checking the JAMB brochure online.