Are you going to become an ABU student? Then you should know the Ahmadu Bello University admission requirement in 2018. Read the detailed information in the article below.
JAMB fixed cut-off
As at many other Nigerian institutions, Ahmadu Bello University admission level is 180. It should be noted that obtaining such a mark is not at all an excuse for relaxation. Minimal grade can’t guarantee you 100% enrollment. Selection of students is conducted on a competitive basis. Stronger candidates may move your candidacy aside. You must show yourself in the best light. So we recommend preparing well and striving for the maximum possible result.
Ahmadu Bello University of Zaria departmental cut-off mark
If you want to become a student and obtain the ABU Zaria diploma, great attention should be paid to a chosen specialty. Requirements for different faculties can vary significantly. It’s possible to apply for any direction with at least 180 points. However, the real enrollment is performed in accordance with internal rules.
This is because some faculties are very popular, so they represent interest for many young people. You may win a tough competition only with a high position in the rating.
We invite you to consider all the ABU courses and their cut-off marks:
- 220 – 240 – Medicine (O’ Level result with one sitting only) and Nursing;
- 200 – Mass Communication, Common Law, Рharmacy, Anatomy, Physiology;
- 190 – Computer Science, English Language, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, all engineering courses except Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering;
- 180 – All other courses.
Make sure that you have obtained the required marks at UTME and got enough credits on the ‘O’ Level subjects.
READ ALSO: Ahmadu Bello University notable alumni
Admission screening exercises are held during one or several weeks. The process is usually divided into 2 phases.
Students who have expressed a desire to study at ABU should undergo pre-screening on the announced date. You will need to prepare your JAMB registration print and SSCE result. Try to come early to the site of screening not to have any organizational problems.
After issuing the admission lists, you can proceed to the next step. Here you will need the following documents:
- Original copies of educational qualifications (Statements of Results / Certificates).
- N/B: the result should be ready; otherwise, your candidacy will be rejected.
- A letter of good conduct from the Village Head or a responsible member of the community/civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent from the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; plus notification of admission status slip.
If you need additional information about ABU admission requirements, contact the representatives of the university by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope that this article was useful, wish you success in the admission to the ABU and bright student life!
READ ALSO: ABU Zaria courses