See the list of visa-free countries for Nigerian citizens in 2018 if you are planning to travel abroad. You will be surprised, but Nigerians can visit a sufficient number of countries without applying for a visa. So, let’s talk about everything in order.
A lot of us like traveling and want to see other countries. Some people go abroad for work. But in most cases for a Nigerian citizen, there is a significant complication of unhindered movement around the globe. It's getting a visa to the majority of countries. We can get a visa for some of them without any difficulties.
But don’t get upset if you cannot visit the Western countries now. There are a sufficient number of states where a person with a Nigerian passport can go without a visa or obtain a visa upon arrival without any problems. What are Nigeria visa-free countries?
List of visa-free countries for Nigerian citizens in 2018
We have prepared a list of visa-free countries for Nigerian passport holders. It is relevant in 2018.
- The Benin Republic is visa-free. It’s the neighbor of Nigeria. Benin has a Free Visa with Nigeria. The reason for this is a membership of ECOWAS.
- Burkina Faso. Visa is not necessary for Nigerians.
- Cameroon. Visa is not necessary for the neighboring state according to ECOWAS.
- Cape Verde. There is a visa-free both for Nigerian and Cape Verdean citizens in both countries.
- Chad is visa-free. You don’t need a visa to go there.
- Cote d’Ivoire provides with visa-free due to ECOWAS for 90 days.
- The Gambia allows visa-free visiting for 90 days.
- You don’t need a visa for Ghana.
- Guinea is visa-free due to ECOWAS.
- Guinea Bissau is visa-free for 90 days.
- Liberia is visa-free for Nigerians.
- Mali. You don’t need a visa to go there.
- Mauritius is visa-free for 90 days. But Nigerians must present minimum $100 to confirm the solvency.
- The Niger Republic is visa-free.
- Senegal is visa-free.
- Sierra Leone. You don’t need a visa to go there.
- Togo is visa-free.
You can get a visa without any complication at the arrival in the following countries:
- Burundi. You can get a 30 days visa upon arrival at Bujumbura International Airport.
- Comoros provides with visa upon arrival. But it costs $50.
- Djibouti gives a visa upon arrival.
- Kenya. You can receive Kenyan Visa upon arrival for 90 days.
- Madagascar. Nigerian citizens are provided with a visa for 90 days upon arrival in Madagascar.
- The Maldives. As Nigeria and Maldives are both members of Commonwealth, you can get Port Entry Visa upon arrival for 30 days.
- Mauritania provides visa upon arrival.
- Mozambique needs a visa on arrival for 30 days.
- Seychelles provides with visitor’s permission upon arrival for one month. But you should make an application on the website www.ics.gov.sc. You will not be allowed into the country unless a visa is issued before arrival.
- Somalia. You can receive a visa upon arrival for 30 days.
- Tanzania provides with visa on arrival.
- Uganda needs visa upon arrival.
READ ALSO: How much is UK visa fee in Nigeria 2018?
American visa-free countries
- Barbados. You are visa-free for six months. But you need to confirm your solvency with enough money and have a return ticket.
- Dominica is visa-free for 21 days.
- Haiti. Nigerians can visit Haiti visa-free for three months.
Visa-free countries for Nigeria in Asia and countries that provide visa on arrival
- Iran provides with visa on arrival.
- Sri Lanka. Nigerians should make electronic travel authorization for the ability to visit Sri Lanka for 30 days.
- Timor-Leste. You can get a visa upon arrival for 30 days.
- Bangladesh gives visa on arrival for 30 days. But you need to confirm your solvency with enough money and have a return ticket.
Countries of Oceania
- Micronesia is visa-free for 30 days
- Vanuatu. Nigerians can visit it without free for 30 days. But you need to confirm your solvency with enough money and have a return ticket.
- Fiji is visa-free for four months. Then you are required to make a visa. Besides, you need to confirm your solvency with enough money and have a return ticket.
You can get a visa at the arrival in the following countries:
- Nauru. You can get a visa upon arrival.
- Palau gives visa on arrival for 90 days.
- Tuvalu. You can receive a visa on arrival for 30 days there.
- Samoa offers entry permit on arrival for 60 days.
Nigerians can visit more than 40 countries without applying for a visa or can get a visa on arrival at the destination country.
Additional costs may arise in countries where a visa is issued upon arrival. You need to know in advance the cost of a visa fee. Also, keep in mind, that your passport must have a validity period of at least six months before the trip starts.
Remember: Such countries as Myanmar, Rwanda, and Sao Tome & Principe need visas. But you can get their visas online.
Now, you know all the details about visa-free countries for Nigerian passport. Have a nice trip!
READ ALSO: How much is Canada visa fee in Nigeria 2018?