Lai Mohammed confirms FG is compiling fresh looters’ list

Lai Mohammed confirms FG is compiling fresh looters’ list

- The minister of information and communication Lai Mohammed confirmed that the federal government is compiling fresh looters list

- Mohammed said no amount of intimidation from any side would prevent the government from releasing the next batch of looters lists

- He disclosed that the looters will soon go to court but before then they should re-examine themselves

The minister of information and communication Lai Mohammed on Sunday, April 8, said ’''very soon'' another list of looters list would be released, adding that no amount of “intimidation from any side” could stop the release of the list, Nigerian Tribune reports.

Mohammed made this known on his way to Abuja after his condolence visits to Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed, the people of Offa, the Kwara state police command and the victims of armed robbery killings in Offa last Thursday, the minister said that, ''We are not going to ask anybody not to go to court, but what we are telling them is that they should re-examine themselves because when the government came out with its list, it was confident of the evidence it has’’

READ ALSO: They are planning what they call the 'Alams treatment' for me - Governor Wike raises alarm, accuses FG of sinister plot

He also said that ''no government worth its salt would be challenged and would not come out to prove that what its saying is correct. When it comes to evidence it’s for the courts to decide, but we want to make it clear that no amount of intimidation from any side would prevent the government from releasing the next batch of looters lists and what you have seen so far is a tip of the ice bag when the list comes out. You will see that many people that Nigerians did not suspect partook in the national looting.''

Alhaji Lai Mohammed also explained that the release of the looters list by the federal government should be understood from its content, in that the vice president professor Yemi Osinbajo was challenged when he said that a few days to the hand over of the former President Goodluck Jonathan, about N100 billion was shared by the members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

He said: ''Interestingly, we have people saying that they are going to court, you see, courts are for the accused and the accuser, courts are for the rich and the poor, courts are for the government and the governed so anybody that says that he’s going to court, that shouldn’t frighten anybody.''

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that there are strong indications that the government was compiling fresh names of people alleged to have looted the nation’s treasury.

The fresh lists may also include names of former governors, ministers and even bankers. Those on the list are likely looters who have not been arraigned in court in the past.

Aliko Dangote invites IT billionaire Bill Gates to Nigeria on Legit.ng TV:

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel