Are you going to become a student of Federal University of Technology, Owerri? Then you need information about courses offered in FUTO to choose a program appropriate to your goals. We also submitted the basic requirements for admission to this institution.
FUTO is one of the oldest technical universities in our country. It was created IN 1980 with the Composition and appointment of the first provisional Council by Nigeria first Executive president, Shehu Shagari.
Courses offered in FUTO and requirements
Young people who want to take advantage of FUTO courses should submit their applications through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Exam (UTME) and make sure that they meet all the requirements of the university. There are 2 ways to become a FUTO student.
1. Admission into 100 levels with UTME:
- You should have at least 5 credit passes, one of which must be English, at the SSCE, GCE, O’LEVEL or other similar examinations. The required marks should be made at a maximum of 2 sittings.
- Your UTME score should be above 180.
- FUTO should be the first or second choice for further consideration of your candidacy. Then you can write a post-utme screening test.
- Average marks for UTME and post-utme tests will be the basis for the final decision about your enrollment to the university.
2. Direct Entry admission requirements:
- Candidate should have at least 5 credit passes, one of which must be English, at the SSCE, GCE, O’LEVEL or other similar examinations. The required marks should be received at a maximum of 2 sittings.
- You must have HND, OND, or NCE in the program chosen by you in FUTO.
- An acceptable Score is prescribed at the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
- The final choice is based on the candidate's certificates and results of Direct Entry screening.
READ ALSO: Largest university in Nigeria - Top 5
List of courses offered in FUTO
The faculties in this university are 8 in number.
1. Agriculture and Agricultural Technology
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science and Technology
- Fisheries and aquaculture Technology
- Forestry and Wildlife Technology
- Soil Science and Technology
2.Basic Medical Sciences
3. Biological Sciences
- Biological Sciences
4. Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Food Sciences Technology
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Polymer and Textile Engineering
5. Environmental Technology
- Building Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
6. Health Technology
- Dental Technology
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Public Health Technology
7. Management Technology
- Financial Management Technology
- Information Management Technology
- Maritime Management Technology
- Project Management Technology
- Transport Management Technology
8. Physical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
Now you can choose the course you like and start the journey to knowledge. We wish you a successful entry to FUTO, a bright and productive student life. Good luck!