When you are in love with a girl, you know for sure that you care a lot about her. But it is hard to tell her how you feel because these words have a lot of meaning and you definitely should find the right way to do it. How to tell a girl you love her.
Telling a girl how you feel: is it really so hard?
Loving someone is different from just liking this person. When you like someone, you just like spending time with them and potentially see it becoming something bigger in the future. When you love someone, you want to spend your life by their side and make them happy every single day, and are ready to accept them with all the flaws and pitfalls. There is no single definition of love, but this feeling is something that makes you go on and become a better person. And letting the person know about your feelings should be completely deliberate. You should also be sure that your lover feels the same way; otherwise, the situation will just be awkward.
If you have been dating this special girl for a long time and you catch yourself thinking that you want her to be your soulmate and life partner, you should let her know about it. There are so many ways to express your love, without necessarily saying these three words. We will show you some of the most common ways that you could use to tell your girlfriend that you love her.
Useful tips to know before expressing your feelings for her
- First of all, you should be hundred percent sure that you mean it. There are many types of love – it can be friendly, familial, romantic, to name a few. If you really feel like this girl is the one for you, and you are in love with her in a romantic way, then you should say it. However, you should know that true love usually comes when you know this person very well. If you have been in this relationship not for long, you should think twice before dropping the words as meaningful as “I love you”. In some cases, it might even scare off the girl.
- The words about love should not be said just to get into the girl’s pants, make her feel good or make her love you back. You should say this only if you really are planning to keep up with it. If you love someone romantically, it means that you are committed to them. You should not confess your love if these words do not mean anything to you and in a few weeks, you will be going out with someone else.
- You should consider the girl’s feelings. Sometimes she may not be ready to say it back, so dropping these words would just put pressure on her and even make her drift apart from you eventually. You should be able to tell when the girl truly cares about you from the way she acts around you, and things she does for you. If you are planning on telling her that you love her, she should have either told you something similar in the past or done other things to show her care.
- You can actually start from different actions before saying “I love you”. You can express your feelings with other words. Tell her that you like her a lot, that she makes you happy. Give her a gift that has great meaning to her, show your care for her in simple life situations. She will definitely notice the appreciation, even if she does not say it out loud.
- If you have decided to confess your feelings for her, the setting should be right. Just wait for a right moment – it can be when your favourite song is playing on a big dance or when you’re driving home at sunset after an incredible day, or when you simply see that she is happy to be with you. Shortly, you should say these words when you are inspired. For the references, you can watch some movie scenes where the characters get together. However, do not replicate them – your moment will come naturally.
- Try to be patient. You will always have a lot of time to tell her that you love her, and do not just simply blurt it out when you see her. Prepare for this and give her time to prepare, too.
- Do not do it directly after intimate activities or when you are both drunk. It works the best when you are both clear-headed.
- Make sure that she has your attention and is not distracted by something else. If your girlfriend is scrolling her phone and you tell her that you love her, there is a chance her answer would be “huh?.”
- Choose the happy time for your confession. Of course, words like “I love you” can come out of your mouth when you find it the most appropriate. However, it is the best to say them when both you and the girl are in a good mood. If she is down in the dumps, the confession might cheer her up, but for some girls, it can be too much.
- You should not be stressing about it. There are two outcomes – she loves you back or she does not. If she does, it will not matter how you say these words. If she does not love you, you can learn a lesson from this. Life is a bit too short to hide your feelings, so you will be fine regardless of the result. In case you need to calm down, you can take some slow deep breaths.
- When you say the important words, always look into her eyes. Lock eyes with hers when you feel like it is the right timing. If you make eye contact, you will show sincerity. There can also be an indication in her eyes about her feelings on the matter, and it gives you more connection. You can often experience the total stillness, like nothing in the world exists beyond you two.
- Saying “I love you” is simple. You can just say these words if you feel like she truly is the love of your life. In case you like poetic talks, you can describe your love for her in a special way, but it is the most important to be authentic and honest. Do not say too much. It is recommended to tell her the story of how you started loving her because it will be individual to her, sweet, and honest. Make sure that she is aware of your serious intentions when it comes to her.
- Listen to her. Not every girl is ready to say the important words back straight away. Do not pressure her. Let her process the information, and wait until she is fully ready to respond. It is totally fine if she does not say these words back instantly – never be angry at her or assume she betrayed you. She is entitled to her own feelings. Regardless of her response to your confession, you should be incredibly proud of yourself for telling her, because it takes people a lot of courage to proclaim their love for someone.
- In case you are lucky enough to hear “I love you too” from her, you can kiss her or hug her romantically. Make this moment memorable and make her feel romantic and needed. The chances are high that, years later, you will remember this moment with a smile.
READ ALSO: Cute pet names for girlfriend with meaning
How to tell a girl you love her without saying “I love you”?
Everyone knows that words are good, but actions are even better. You can do the following things to build the strong friendship, mutual trust, and fundament for a long-lasting romantic relationship with your girlfriend:
- Your partner will be touched if you sincerely laugh at her jokes, even if they are nothing new. In return, you should make her laugh too because it is a great way of showing how much you want her to be happy.
- Give your girlfriend a framed photo of the two of you together. It is a sweet and intimate gesture that will make her smile. Of course, you should only do this with your long-time girlfriend and not the one you have been dating for a few weeks.
- Take her out to the event that she really dreams of attending. If she likes watching sports, take her to a sports game. In case she is into classical music, you can invite her to a classical concert. It is important to take her interests into account – nothing will make the person more pleased and happy.
- Allow her to open up about her past negative experiences. Perhaps she has a childhood story or a difficult loss that she hardly ever speaks about, so if she shares it with you, you should just listen to her carefully. If she is upset, you can comfort her with a hug. Remember, though, that you should never force her to tell you anything she does not feel comfortable about because it will scare her off and simply goes against the rules of common etiquette.
- Praise her for whatever she is doing. If she started something new and is excited about it, you should be supportive of her. Give her little compliments for good things she has done and little milestones she has reached. Of course, these things should come from your heart. If you really love a person, you will be proud and supportive of her new beginnings and successes, and you will never even think of killing her excitement about something she loves. Many couples break up because people are just unable to support each other genuinely.
- Snuggle close to each other when you are watching TV or having a movie night. It will warm up your hearts and add the extra romantic interaction. Generally, you should cuddle more often – it will help to maintain the happy and loving relationship. Try to do it before you go to bed. People who perform this activity are also proved to have a more healthy intimate life. However, you should also remember to give your partner space whenever she feels like being alone.
- Buy little presents for your significant other every now and then. Show her that you care for her every single day, not just on big holidays like her birthday. Every person wants and deserves to feel loved. The presents do not have to be physical – you can take her out somewhere special or just spend a great day together with her. Shared memories are a great background for a long-lasting and healthy couple.
- You can do something for her that she hates doing or is unable to do, even if these are just routine things. If she is scared of insects, you can be the one to get the spider out of the bathroom. If she does not feel well enough to go out and buy some food, be the one to buy it. One day she will help you out too, and this is how relationships become stronger – with mutual support and uplifting. There are so many examples, but the main point is helping each other out in everything.
- Always be polite with your partner. Do not forget to tell her “please” and “thank you”. Help her put on her coat. Open the doors in front of her. Do not talk rudely to her because in her mind you will be associated with rudeness. Be gentle and caring, and you will make a huge difference in your relationship.
- Give her cute physical gestures like hugging her, holding hands, brushing her cheeks or hair behind her ears. Of course, you need to be sure that the timing is appropriate.
How to tell a girl that you love her in a sweet way?
Sometimes every girl wants some romantic words from her lover. In case you are struggling to think of anything, here is a list of the sweetest things that you can say to your beloved girlfriend to show how deep is your love for her. Try to use them in the latter stages in your relationship, when you realize how much she means to you and how huge is your desire to spend every day together with her.
- You make the butterflies in my stomach flutter.
- My heart is bursting with excitement every time I think about you.
- People say that you can only fall in love for once in your life, but it is far from the truth. Every time I see you, I love you more and more.
- I love you to the moon and back.
- With you, forever will not last too long.
- Until I saw your smile, I had no clue how joyous life can be.
- When I look at you, my first thought is that God really did a good job.
- I have a million reasons why I love you. If you want to hear all of them, I can spend the entire night talking.
- My desire to be with you all the time, to talk to you about everything in the world, and to feel your warmth beside me is enormous.
- I can never find someone who means just as much to me as you, even I spend the whole lifetime searching.
- My fingers perfectly fit in between yours, and I want to hold your hand every step of the way.
- You do not need the entire world to love you. For me, just one person is enough.
- Gravity will always pull me towards you.
- Arguing with you is miles better than kissing someone else.
- No matter what you are doing today, I am happy to be doing that with you.
- The best moment of my life was the moment I met you, and I would live it out over and over again.
- Thinking of you makes me smile. Why are you doing this to me?
- When you are not with me, a piece of my heart is missing.
- Every day I feel love and inspiration when you are by my side.
- Life without you would be absolutely pointless.
- You are my treasure, and I am glad I found you.
- You are the sunshine that lights up my day, and the moonlight that softens my nights.
- Without you, I am incomplete.
- We were made for each other. You are my soulmate and this will never change.
- How did you become the person as amazing as you are?
- With you, I have become a better person.
- You make me stronger.
- You are the only one I will ever love.
How to tell her you love her in a creative way?
If you want more creativity in your love confession, you can try the following advice and proclaim your love in more interesting ways than just words. Here are some creative ways to say "I love you":
- Write a few sweet notes for her and put them in the most unexpected places. Even better – throw a little quest game for her by including the location of the next note in each of them, to make her find the final one with the most special message. This is a good idea when you want to ask her to marry you.
- Make a treasure map card – show the path to your heart by writing small lovely phrases in each of the little hearts.
- Send her a card every week with one true reason why you love her.
- Write a little poem or tale using your special words that you speak between each other, and your common memories.
- Make a T-shirt, or cup, or some other small gift that will have your photo together on it.
- Post a sweet love message for her on Facebook. You should do this if you are sure that your partner is okay with your relationship being public.
- Purchase or cook her favourite meal or dessert when she comes home after the hard day.
- Arrange food items on her plate in sweet ways. For example, make a heart out of strawberries, or draw a cute smiley face with the help of chocolate syrup on the pancakes.
- Make a popcorn necklace and have her pick the corns with her mouth or her hand. This will be fun and bring you laughs.
- Buy presents for her according to her interests. It can be something small but connected with her favourite food, clothing brand, show, music, celebrity etc.
- Sing the song for her that she loves the most. Even if you are not a good singer, she will be absolutely touched.
This was a complete list of ways to tell your beloved girl that you love her. You should totally take them into account and use them in everyday life to make the person that you care about happier because this is the whole point of romantic relationships.
READ ALSO: Romantic questions to ask your girlfriend