- President Donald Trump has started making moves towards 2020 re-election bid
- He announced Brad Parscale as his campaign manager for 2020 presidential campaign
- Parscale was Trump’s digital strategist in the 2016 campaign
Barely after completing one year in the White House, President Donald Trump has started looking ahead to a 2020 re-election campaign, selecting Brad Parscale as the campaign manager.
In a statement on Tuesday, February 27, President Trump announced that the 42-year-old Parscale would begin preparing the groundwork for the 2020 presidential campaign.
Recall that during the 2016 campaign, Parscale was in charge of overseeing the campaign’s digital media strategy and its online fundraising campaigns.
Parscale’s appointment to the top position in the re-election campaign apparatus is likely to indicate that Trump plans on focusing heavily on online strategies to reach voters and get out the vote in three years, the Independent reports.
Legit.ng gathered that soon after the announcement, Parscale announced two other individuals had been chosen for top leadership positions in the campaign, including Trump's daughter-in-law Lara Trump.
Before politics, Kansas-born Parscale had reportedly worked for the Trump Organization on digital marketing.
President Trump’s decision to seek election comes as no surprise as he allegedly filed the paperwork to register a re-election campaign less than five hours after being sworn in on January 20, 2017.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!
Legit.ng previously reported that President Trump said that he would have personally run into the building and stopped the Florida school shooter if he had been at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School where about 17 people were killed earlier this month.
Fortune quotes President Trump as saying: “You don’t know until you test it, but I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon.”
“And I think most of the people in this room would have done that, too.”
Trump’s comments were reportedly an indirect criticism of the armed sheriff’s deputy who was reportedly present at the scene but failed to confront the shooter.
The president also allegedly referred to the deputy’s actions as “disgusting,” and said they "weren’t exactly medal of honor winners”.
Smartphones giveaway. Hurry up! 1 week until winner announced - on Legit.ng TV