- A female Libya returnee has been confirmed dead days after she was evacuated back to Nigeria
- She was among the 5th Batch of returnees from Libya on board Medview Airline at University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH)
- The deceased hailed from Ogun state and arrived back ti Nigeria sick
One of the females recently evacuated from Libya, Miss Towabola Adebayo, is dead. She died on Wednesday, February 14, after two days of medical treatment at University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH).
Mr Sani Datti, the head of media and public relations, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), said on Friday, February 16, in Abuja that the 32- years-old returnee hailed from Ogun state.
He stated that she was among the 5th Batch of returnees from Libya on board Medview Airline that arrived in Port Harcourt on Monday night.
“She arrived sick and was immediately taken in a waiting NEMA Ambulance to University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital where she was admitted.
READ ALSO: Obasanjo visits Jonathan in Otuoke
“She was treated of vomiting, general weakness of the body, abdominal pains and associated illness.
“She unfortunately died early on Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2018, two days after admission in hospital.”
Datti noted that contacts had been established with her parents and arrangements were being made to convey her remains home.
PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that the Federal Government reiterated its commitment to protect Nigerians in distress globally and to tackle the menace of child trafficking.
Senior Special Assistant on Foreign Affairs and the Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, said this when she received a 14-year-old victim of child labour from South Korea in Abuja on Friday.
The 14-year-old girl from Imo state was taken to South Korea in September 2015 by her mother’s sister who promised to further her education, but subjected her to manual labour.
Who is Nigeria's greatest president ever? - on Legit.ng TV: