- The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi ll, has reacted to the allegations that he called for slashing of salaries of the National Assembly members
- He said he did not call for the reduction of salaries earned by the lawmakers as claimed in a statement credited to him
- He, therefore, advised the media practitioners to always be objective in their reportage
The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi ll, has denied the allegations that he advocated for slashing the salaries of members of the National Assembly.
Sanusi, who disclosed this in a statement issued by his chief of staff, Alhaji Munnir Sanusi, said the statement credited to him was false, unfounded and uncalled-for, Daily Trust reports.
Legit.ng gathered that the chief of staff said Emir Sanusi did not attend any function in Kaduna on Sunday, February, 11, not to talk of making the said statement.
He said: “Emir Sanusi was in Abuja on Friday, February 9, 2018 where he attended a private meeting with the vice president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, minister of interior, General Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau, inspector general of police, Ibrahim K Idris, and some Fulani leaders over the lingering herders' crisis.
“On Saturday, the emir moved to Minna, Niger state where he met with Fulani people and he had never mentioned such statement in Minna.
“After the occasion, he returned to Kano and the following day Sunday, he didn’t attend any function throughout the day.”
The emir advised the media practitioners to always be objective in their reportage.
Legit.ng previously reported that there was an allegation that the emir called for a review of the salaries of National Assembly members and ministers.
The Guardian reported that he allegedly made the statement on Sunday, February 11, while urging political office holders to make sacrifices and salvage the country from its current economic downturn.
Emir Sanusi blasts Nigerian leadership - on Legit.ng TV