- The medical director of the Cedarcrest Hospital in Abuja Felix Ogedegbe said Aisha Buhari was not hospitalised
- Ogedegbe claimed that there were many false reports that Aisha sustained shock on hearing about her son, Yusuf’s accident
- The medical, however, thanked all Nigerians who prayed for Yusuf his family and his carers
The medical director of the Cedarcrest Hospital in Abuja Felix Ogedegbe debunked reports claiming the Aisha was admitted in the hospital for shock after receiving news of the bike accident of Buhari’s son, Yusuf Buhari.
According a statement by the medical doctor who also refuted claims that Yusuf’s friend was also involved in the accident.
The statement read: ''Suffice to say that there was only one person involved in this incident. No one else required treatment for this incident or its aftermath. Yusuf’s friend was not involved in the accident and did not sustain any injuries whatsoever.
''Her Excellency was not at any time treated for shock and she was not admitted into Cedarcrest at any time.''
Meanwhile, a statement issued by Femi Adesina, the special adviser to the president on media and publicity reacted to the statement earlier made by the hospital.
Adesina’s statement read: ''The hospital would not have, ordinarily, respond to some of the false rumours making the rounds but decided to respond to that claiming the First Lady sustained shock on hearing about Yusuf’s accident.
''We did note some very misleading reports about this incident making the rounds in some social media outlets. Most of them would not ordinarily need to be responded to.''
The statement by the hospital further reads: ''Yusuf Muhammadu Buhari, son of His Excellency President Buhari, was admitted into Cedarcrest Hospitals Abuja in the late hours of the Dec. 26, 2017, following injuries sustained as a rider of a motorcycle.
''Following initial stabilization, he was taken into intensive care. He underwent successful emergency surgical operations the following morning carried out by our team of neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons.
''Over the following week, his condition improved remarkably and he was transferred from intensive care to the ward.
''He has remained stable ever since and has continued to make remarkable progress. He is now ready to be discharged.
''His extremely speedy response to treatment so far is testimony to the world-class early care he has received here in Cedarcrest, Abuja.
''We are grateful to His Excellency, President Buhari and Her Excellency the First Lady, Aisha Buhari for the confidence in us and for allowing us to look after Yusuf.
''This show of confidence goes a long way to strengthen our collective belief in our resolve to offer world-class health care locally.
''We are also grateful to the minister of health, the minister of state for health, and the eminent advisory team of specialists assembled by the honorable minister of health who supported us in the course of looking after Yusuf. We are grateful to all Nigerians who prayed for Yusuf, his family and his carers.''
Meanwhile, NAIJ.ccom had reported that Yusuf, the son of President Buhari has been discharged from Cedarcrest Hospitals. He was discharged from the hospital on Friday, January 12.
The hospital said Yusuf was placed in its intensive care unit after an initial stabilization following injuries sustained as a rider in a motorcycle accident.
Primate Ayodele releases 2018 prophecies, lists Nigeria's future presidents on Legit.ng TV: