- The federal government is listing its achievements as 2018 winds down
- The federal ministry of works, power and housing is the first to reel out its achievements
- The ministry has compiled its projects since the advent of the present administration and according to it, 430 kilometers of road have been rehabilitated
The federal ministry of works, power and housing says it has completed 366 kilometers of road since the advent of the present administration.
According to a list seen by Legit.ng, the ministry says also claimed that 430 kilometers of road have been rehabilitated.
Also, 24 bridges were said to have been constructed, while 19 have been maintained.
See the list below:
* 366 km was started and completed within President Buhari's two year administration
* 430 km was rehabilitated
* 24 bridges was constructed
* 19 bridges was maintained
* 2.434 m linear bridges was maintained
* The total linear bridges done within two years is 3,488 meters
* 29,686 linear meters of culverts was also constructed
* 260,461 m linear meters of concrete-lined drains was constructed
* 1,221 km of roads has been marked
The ministry went on to say all the projects employed 17,749 people at different stages.
Despite the figures, Nigerians daily complain about the bad roads in the country. Reports of road accidents are also almost a daily occurrence.
It is not clear how the figures reeled out by the ministry has gone a long way in reducing the constant carnage witnessed on the road.
The minister of power, works and housing, Babatunde Fashola, recently said Nigerian roads are not as bad as many people claim.
Fashola made the comment at a United Nations-sponsored capacity building programme for the Federal Road Safety Corps on Tuesday, November 28, in Abuja.
According to him, what the roads need are adequate maintenance at intervals.
Which of President Buhari's ministers should be sacked? - on Legit.ng TV