Prince Uche Secondus has formally taken over as chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
This took place at a ceremony held at the national secretariat of the party on Monday, December 11.
Ahmed Makarfi who was the chairman of the party’s national caretaker committee handed over to the new chairman and other newly-elected members of the party’s national working committee.
See full list of elected officers below:
1. National Chairman - Prince Uche Secondus
2. National Deputy Chairman South – Elder Yemi Akinwonmi
3. National Deputy Chairman North – Sen. Gamawa Babawo Garba
4. National Secretary – Sen. Ibrahim Tsauri
5. Deputy National Secretary – Dr. Agbo Emmanuel
6. National Treasurer – Hon. Aribisala Adewale
7. Deputy National Treasurer – Alh. Wada Masu
8. Financial Secretary – Ibrahim Husseini Maibasira
9. Dep. Fin. Sec. – Hon. Irona Alphonsus
10. Nat. Org. Sec. – Col (Rtr) Austin Akobundu
11. Dep. Nat. Org. Sec. – Barr. Hassan Yakubu
12. Publicity Secretary – Kola Ologbondiyan
13. Dep. Nat. Pub. Sec. – Hon. Diran Odeyemi
14. Nat. Legal Adviser – Barr. Emmanuel Enoidem
15. Dep. Nat. Legal Adviser – Barr. Ahmed Bello Liman
16. Nat. Auditor – Mal. Adamu Mustapha
17. Dep. Nat. Auditor – Miss Divine Amina Arong
18. Nat. Women Leader – Haj. Mariya Waziri
19. Dep. Nat. Women Leader – Umoru Adizet Hadizat
20. Nat. Youth Leader – Rt. Hon. Udeh Okoye
21. Dep. Nat. Youth Leader – Umar Babangida Maina
Meanwhile, the APC stated that the southwest was punished by the PDP, at its recently-held national convention, Punch reports.
The comment was made by Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, the APC national publicity secretary, in a statement released on Sunday, December 10.
Abdullahi stated that the opposition party had ceded the national chairmanship position to another zone as punishment to the southwest for voting against it in 2015.
APC chieftains in Benue state say PDP has nothing to offer - on Legit.ng TV: