The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has elected 21 officers during its National Convention which took place on Saturday, December 9.
At the keenly contested election, Prince Uche Secondus emerged as chairman of the party amidst claim and allegation of anti-democratic activities.
In his address on Sunday, December 10 after being declared winner of the party’s chairmanship election, Secondus expressed delight over his victory.
He accused the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) of dividing the nation and said the PDP has a task of wrestling power from them.
He vowed that by 2019, the PDP would take over power in Aso Rock from the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government.
See full list of elected officers below:
1. National Chairman - Prince Uche Secondus
2. National Deputy Chairman South – Elder Yemi Akinwonmi
3. National Deputy Chairman North – Sen. Gamawa Babawo Garba
4. National Secretary – Sen. Ibrahim Tsauri
5. Deputy National Secretary – Dr. Agbo Emmanuel
6. National Treasurer – Hon. Aribisala Adewale
7. Deputy National Treasurer – Alh. Wada Masu
8. Financial Secretary – Ibrahim Husseini Maibasira
9. Dep. Fin. Sec. – Hon. Irona Alphonsus
10. Nat. Org. Sec. – Col (Rtr) Austin Akobundu
11. Dep. Nat. Org. Sec. – Barr. Hassan Yakubu
12. Publicity Secretary – Kola Ologbondiyan
13. Dep. Nat. Pub. Sec. – Hon. Diran Odeyemi
14. Nat. Legal Adviser – Barr. Emmanuel Enoidem
15. Dep. Nat. Legal Adviser – Barr. Ahmed Bello Liman
16. Nat. Auditor – Mal. Adamu Mustapha
17. Dep. Nat. Auditor – Miss Divine Amina Arong
18. Nat. Women Leader – Haj. Mariya Waziri
19. Dep. Nat. Women Leader – Umoru Adizet Hadizat
20. Nat. Youth Leader – Rt. Hon. Udeh Okoye
21. Dep. Nat. Youth Leader – Umar Babangida Maina
Meanwhile, former president Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday, December 9, said the PDP has become a reference point as Nigeria moves toward another election.
Jonathan made this known while delivering a goodwill message at the party’s national convention.
He said the party had over the years remained focused and resilient in spite of several challenges, adding that he believed the party would remain foremost in leadership.
Nigerians want PDP back in 2019 - Goodluck Jonathan declares at PDP Caucus Meeting - on Legit.ng TV: