Toast is, undoubtedly, the favorite food of millions: there are very few people who would refuse the opportunity to crunch a delicious piece of toast bread and smear it with fruit jam, butter, Nutella, groundnut butter or anything they like. However, not everyone has the opportunity to use the toaster – many people do not have it at home. Does it mean you should deny yourself the pleasure of toast bread? Certainly not! Instead, you should learn how to toast bread without a toaster. Find out how to make a delicious toast without using this machine.
Toast bread: why is it so popular?
Toast is an essential part of many people’s lives. Aside from its great taste and simplicity in preparation, toast is also a universal food, meaning that you can consume it as a breakfast, lunch, dinner or supper – or just as a snack. Regardless of the time of day and amount of food you had before, toast is the ultimate food that will feed your hunger and lighten up your spirits.
If you do not have a toaster or your machine is broken, you don't need to worry. There are dozens of well-known toast recipes that you can perform on your own without using a toaster. For example, there are actually some simple recipes that teach us how to make toast bread with a frying pan. There are also many ways of making it in an oven or grill, however, toast on a frying pan is the easiest way once you get the hang of it.
How to make toast bread using a frying pan? Two simple recipes
This article will give you two recipes that anyone can do on their own, using a frying pan and slice of bread. Once you learn, you will realize it is much simpler than it sounds and will be able to enjoy your tasty slice of toast.
The first method does not involve using butter. The only things you will need for making your delicious breakfast are:
- Butter knife
- Peanut butter
- Sliced bread
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to toast bread without butter:
- First of all, you should preheat your frying pan – just heat it up for one minute to make it ready for the toast making.
- Secondly, place your slice of bread in the frying pan. It is recommended to use pre-sliced bread for this.
- Now, this is where the spatula comes in. You need to press your slice of bread down lightly with the help of the spatula, but you should not press too hard so you won't break the piece or make it crumble.
- Then, you should flip it over to the other side after two minutes of toasting – the lower side has to be of a golden brown color, which indicates it was toasted well.
- Toast the other side until you see it became golden brown too. Use the spatula to gently press down your bread.
- When the previous steps are completed and your slice of bread was successfully toasted, take it of the frying pan and put it on a plate. If you wish to make a few more slices of toast, you can do so.
- Smear your toast with peanut butter. You can use anything else you prefer, but usually, people serve it with peanut butter because it tastes delicious and has high nutritional value, which is great for your health. You can use as much peanut butter as you wish. If you are a creative person, you can use different combinations of toppings on your toast.
Simple, isn't it? Now, we can move on to the next method – using butter. Learn how to make toast bread on a frying pan with butter.
For cooking after this recipe, you will need basically the same things as before – nothing too complicated.
Use the following steps as your guide:
- Like in the first recipe, start with preheating a frying pan for around a minute.
- Then, spread butter all over one side of your bread slice.
- After spreading the butter, put the bread slice in the frying-pan, with the side you just smeared with butter facing down.
- Use the spatula to press the slice down and make sure that the browning of the slice happens evenly.
- Afterwards, you should smear the side of bread that was facing up before with butter. Again, spread it all over the bread’s surface.
- After two minutes, you should flip the bread over and let it become brown on the other side. To ensure even browning, you can use the spatula like you did before.
- When your toast becomes equally brown on both sides, you should put it on a plate.
- Get creative! Use the toppings of your choice to add some taste to your toast.
READ ALSO: How to make groundnut soup?
More tips for making a perfect toast
It does not take years to learn the art of making toast – once you remember some basic rules, you will be able to make the best toast bread slices that will be liked by all your friends and family, and most importantly, be tasty enough for you. Here are some additional advice on the toast-making:
- If you are making it on a frying pan, you should learn to manage the heat – start from the lowest one and try different options as increase it. Try not to raise it too high, as you risk burning your toast.
- If you have a serrated knife and a loaf of bread at home, you can slice it – the slices made with a serrated knife look much more professional than those done with a simple knife.
- In case you have stale bread at home, you can also toast it! Most people actually make their toasts using stale bread. It is no different from fresh, newly bought bread.
- Also, do not press your slice of bread too hard with your spatula, because there is a high chance the piece of bread will break into pieces or start crunching. Always do gently and steadily, An intact slice of toast looks much better than a broken one.
We hope these tips have helped you to learn how to make toast bread without a toaster. It is much easier than it seems and does not require a lot of time or effort, yet still tastes great. So, do not hesitate and make your first delicious toast right now!
READ ALSO: How to make pap flour tortillas?