What is Janaba bath and how can you perform it? It's a ritual to cleanse impurity which could caused by the discharge of male excreta. It can also be done after sexual intercourse. The process of performing of Janaba Bath is very sacred. It's also explained in Quran. This post will show you how to do that!
Janaba Bath in Islam
There are two main causes of Janaba Bath! The first type is done after the discharge of sеmеn. If it happens, whether or not it is on purpose, you have to perform the Janaba Bath.
If you don't know whether you ejaculated or not – you should look some signs. The first sign is the feeling of relaxation after the discharge. The second sign is a feeling of arousal.
READ ALSO: Advantages of military rule in Nigeria
Women also experience the same feelings related to the secretion from their groins. However, if this feeling of relaxation or temptation comes without sexual pleasure, then it's not discharge.
The second case where you need to perform Janaba Bath is after sexual intercourse. It does not matter if this sexual intercourse was sinful or holy. It's also does not matter if the two partners had any sexual pleasure. The main idea is pretty simple. Both partners should take Janaba Bath after this intercourse.
How to perform Janaba Bath?
There are two ways to do it! For the first way, a person should pour water over their whole body. Do not forget to reach the roots of the hair, the space between fingers. It should start from the head to the lower parts of the body. Wash everything carefully and thoroughly. It`s crucial that you become very clean in the eyes of God.
How to perform Janabat? The second way of performing this bath is very simple. First of all, you should clean your private parts. After that, you will need to make the ritual of ablution (Wudhoo) which is usually done before prayers. Pour water on your head three times. It should get to the roots of your hair. When it`s done, pour the water over your whole body. In the end, you can wash your feet. Do not forget that water should reach every inch of your body.
There are also other variations of Janaba Bath. They are called “Ghusl” you can also perform them to wash away impurities from your body.
It's the first variation of Janaba Bath. You will need to wash away the semen and blood from your body. The whole body should be washed in three stages. First of all, you need to clean your head down to the neck. After that, clean the right side of the body to the feet and then left the side of the body. Do not forget that water should reach every inch of your skin. Special care should be given to while you are washing your head. You should get every inch of your hair from the roots to the ends.
It's another variation of Janaba Bath that you can find in the Quran. The main concept of this type of washing is that it involves the whole body. You can perform this type of bathing in a body of water. It can be whatever you like: bath, river, ocean, sea and even pool. First of all, you should clean yourself from semen and blood. After that, you can immerse your whole body in the water.
Do not forget that the water should reach all parts of your body. It's needless to say that you can`t be completely clean if water does not reach all the parts of your body.
There are also other recommendations on Ghusl which you can perform to clean your body. There are five actions which you can do during Janaba Bath.
- First of all, wash and clean your hands and elbows three times;
- Gargle three times;
- Wipe the hands and the whole body to ensure the cleanliness;
- Wash your hair from the roots to the ends;
- For men, it`s also recommended to do “istibra”. In this context, it means “urinating.” When you urinate, your whole body also becomes clean from the inside. With urine, you can clean the rests of the semen and blood from the inside. Do not forget that the rule of “istibra” can be applied only to men.
Why should you perform Janaba Bath?
As Muslims, there are things which are so sacred that you can't perform them without cleansing yourself. The following actions requires muslims to be completely cleansed.
- Touching of the writing of Quran. It`s the most sacred book for Muslims, that`s why a person who is impure cannot touch it.
- Reciting the verses of the Quran. People who did not perform or don't know how to perform Janaba are not allowed to recite the verses of Quran. It`s strictly forbidden!
- Staying or even entering the mosque. It`s the most sacred building for every Muslim. That's why people who are impure can't be allowed to visit mosques unless they perform Janaba Bath.
- Taking or leaving something in the mosque.
- It`s not recommended to even touch the cover of Quran if you are impure.
Why should you know how to Bath Janaba? If you are a true believer, then you should understand that purity is one of the main characteristics of every Muslim. Therefore, if you want to be clean in front of God – you should perform Janaba Bath.
If you are a true believer of Islam, then you will follow the simple rules of Janaba Bath. Do not forget that it`s a very sacred ritual! Do not underestimate its meaning!
READ ALSO: The biggest state in Nigeria by land mass