We all have arguments with people via the Internet from time to time. Sometimes, those fights end with someone blocking another from being able to reach them via Facebook. However, the anger passes, and you realise that you have no clue how to unblock someone on Facebook. What do you do? That’s right, you look for an answer on Google, and today we are your answer. Learn how to unblock friends on Facebook in all the ways you can imagine.
How to unblock people on Facebook?
Many of us have asked ourselves:
How do I unblock someone on Facebook? To be fair, it is just as easy as blocking people. Depending on how you usually access your Facebook page, there are various methods of how to unblock on Facebook. You can do it via the desktop Facebook website, the mobile version of the website or the Facebook app for Android or iOS. Continue reading to find out how to unblock a friend on Facebook via your preferred means.
How to unblock someone on Facebook via desktop website
If you want to unblock a person on Facebook by using the desktop version of the website, follow these steps:
- Go to facebook.com and log in to your account.
- Do you see that question mark symbol at the top of the page in the right corner? Click it.
- In the menu that has appeared, choose the ‘Privacy shortcuts’ option.
- Select the third option (How do I stop someone from bothering me?) and click the View All Blocked Users under the empty box.
- In the window that has popped up, find the person you need to unblock and press the ‘Unblock’ button near their name. That is it! That person can now see your page and contact you once again.
Be aware that you can block them again only after 48 hours have passed. Make sure you really want to unblock them before actually doing it.
How to unblock someone on Facebook via mobile website
READ ALSO: How to stop MTN auto renewal subscription?
There are two ways of unblocking someone on Facebook, depending on how the mobile website looks.
If the Facebook website looks very simplified, you are probably using the feature phone version. To unblock someone through that version, you need to do the following:
- Scroll down to the end of any page and find the ‘Settings & Privacy’ option.
- There, choose ‘Blocking’.
- In the ‘Blocked users’ section, select the user you are trying to to unblock and click the ‘Unblock’ button. And you are done.
However, if you are using the mobile version that resembles the app, you need to follow these instructions:
- In the top right corner, tap the three horizontal lines.
- Scroll all the way down until you see Account Settings or Privacy Shortcuts. Select either of these options.
- If you selected Account Settings, go to Blocking, find the person you have to unblock and tap Unblock. Alternatively, if you've selected Privacy Shortcuts, tap the ‘How do I stop someone from bothering me?’ and select Blocked Users to find the person you wish to unblock.
How to unblock someone on Facebook via mobile app
If you are an Android user, follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook app. If you are logged out, log in to your account.
- Tap the icon that looks like three horizontal lines.
- Go all the way to the bottom of the menu and find Account Settings.
- In the Account Settings, choose Blocking. In the list of blocked people, find the person you want to unblock and tap the ‘Unblock’ button.
If you have an iOS device, use these instructions:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap the icon that features three horizontal lines and says ‘More’.
- Go all the way down and find Settings.
- If you are using an iPhone, choose Account Settings. If you are using an iPad, skip this step.
- Select Blocking and search for a person to unblock. To unblock them, tap the ‘Unblock’ button near their name.
Now, if you ever need to figure out ‘how can I unblock someone on Facebook?’, return to our article for the detailed guide for every platform. That way, you will not have to lose touch with people you have blocked accidentally or out of spite.
READ ALSO: TBC wallet guide: how to use it?