Why you need to present your WAEC result at the embassy for postgraduate student visa

Why you need to present your WAEC result at the embassy for postgraduate student visa

Are you a university graduate who plans to pursue a post graduate degree abroad?

If yes then you will certainly need a visa to enter the country in which you plan to be a student.

The best option you have is to apply for a student visa in the country you are interested in studying.

But just before you consider applying for a student visa; be ready to go well prepared when you take that trip to the embassy.

What is a student visa?

A student visa is for someone who has applied at a university and has received a letter of admission to the institution.

What you must know

The paramount thing you need at this point is knowledge in order to achieve your dream to study abroad. You need to know exactly what you are required to do at any point in time.

This is why the little mistake of not taking along with you, the necessary documents you need for your application could hamper your chances.

Read also

University of Adelaide: the best international scholarships

But not to worry, the purpose of this post is to answer one of the most frequently asked questions by applicants seeking a student visa.

If you among those planning to visit the embassy anytime from now and wondering if your WAEC result is one of the documents you need to present at the embassy for a student visa? Then you are in the right place.

The answer is an emphatic YES! Make sure you take your West African Examinations Council (WAEC) result along with you when going to the embassy.

Why you need to take your WAEC result with you to the embassy

1. Authenticity

There is a very slim chance that you might not be asked to present your WAEC result at the embassy but in most cases you will. The reason is simple and is not far-fetched. Your WAEC result is most valid proof that you attending high school, otherwise known as a secondary school.

Read also

These are the requirements for getting a French visa in Nigeria

It is the most genuine certificate in high school and, largely, the most accepted.

2. Importance of high school result

If you are a Nigerian student who has just completed secondary education and wishes to attend a college or university abroad, or you are a University graduate who wishes to pursue a post graduate degree, you would need to present your WAEC certificate at the embassy.

For any certificate you seek abroad, you need your high school results.

Nigerian undergraduate students wanting to abroad are expected to have a WAEC result with at least five/six credits including English and Mathematics.

The National Examinations Council (NECO) certificate and the General Certificate of Education (GCE) are also accepted at the embassy but in rare occasions. However, your future school may not.

Good luck with your application!

READ ALSO: Nigerian female candidate makes nine A1 in WAEC (photos)

Meanwhile, watch Legit.ng TV video of Nigerians sharing their opinion on which country they could leave Nigeria for:

Read also

The simplest ways to check FSB scholarship shortlists

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel