These days, a lot of people are wondering how to change Android IMEI to Blackberry without rooting? If you are reading this, then you are probably one of them. Let’s look through the most popular methods together!
How to change IMEI number?
It is worth mentioning that changing your Android phone’s IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number to a Blackberry allows you to enjoy the extra data allowances that you would normally get with a Blackberry subscription.
This means, the NGN 1,000 that is normally used for Blackberry monthly subscription can now be used for a whole month on your Android phone too.
All you need to do is => change the IMEI number to that of BB => to subscribe for monthly data=> connect your device to your PC to browse or just open your mobile phone browser to surf the net.
How to change Android IMEI to Blackberry?
There are two main methods of changing your Android to a Blackberry IMEI number. So, first of all, write down your current IMEI number somewhere before the changing procedure.
Before using any method, you should prepare your phone. That is why you are advised to follow the following steps:
- root your gadget (it is advisable, but we will tell how to change IMEI without rooting);
- enable unknown sources;
- dial the number *06# on your phone, and copy out the current IMEI number.
The first method doesn’t require a rooted gadget or an app installation. It means that it works for both types (for rooted and non-rooted android gadgets).
Follow the next steps:
1) generate a Blackberry IMEI number and write it down somewhere;
2) dial the number *#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#* to call up a secret menu;
3) click on “Call Pad” or “Connectivity Options”;
4) select “CDS information”;
5) find “Radio Information” and click on it;
6) “Phone1” and “Phone2” will normally emerge for double SIM gadgets (note that phone1 is for SIM1 while phone2 is for SIM2; click on the SIM of the IMEI number you want to change to a Blackberry and continue following the next steps);
7) type E from the AT+ screen shown and select 1,7,”” for SIM1 or 1,10,”” for SIM2;
8) notice the inverted columns [“”] and type your generated Blackberry IMEI number in-between the columns;
9) insert a single space between the AT+ to have AT +;
10) make sure that your last edits in this window look exactly like this: - AT +EGMR=1,7,”insert the Blackberry IMEI number here” (for sim1) or AT +EGMR=1,10,”insert the second Blackberry IMEI number here” (for sim2);
11) click on “Send AT Command” and wait for the command sent message;
12) restart the device and dial the number *06# to confirm your new IMEI number.
READ ALSO: How to use Blackberry subscription on Android phone?
The second method implies using Mobileuncle Tools to change IMEI. This method works for almost all MTK gadgets. It can be used for both rooted and non-rooted gadgets. However, it should be mentioned that it works better on rooted phones.
Follow the next steps:
1) install the “Mobileuncle MTK Tools”;
2) launch the app and select the “Engineering Mode”;
3) click on “CDS information” and then “Radio information”;
4) click on the SIM whose IMEI number you want to change to Blackberry and continue following the next steps;
5) tap phone1 (assuming that you are changing the IMEI for SIM1) and in the pop-up, touch the AT+. type E and a list of AT+E will emerge;
6) click on AT+EGMR=1,7″” (for sim1) or AT+EGMR=1,10″” (for sim2) and type in the 15 digit IMEI number you intend using in-between the quotes;
7) click on “Send AT Command” and wait for the command sent message successfully;
8) if not successful, you might see something like – ATcommand is not allowed in user. To solve this, simply put a single space in-between the AT+ (to have something like AT +EGMR=1,7″insert BB IMEI here”) and then click on “Send AT Command” again to clear the not allowed message.
So, now you know two possible methods for how to change IMEI without root. One of them (method1) describes how to change IMEI without root, while the second (method2) is better used on rooted devices. Well, now it’s your turn to decide which of these methods is the most suitable for you. Good luck!
READ ALSO: How to use MTN bis subscription on Android phones?